PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Vintage Models

Old 01-05-2019, 09:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 45.66 MB
Paper Soldiers

Here are some Pellerin and various soldier prints I have restored. I am uploading them to the Downloads section.

If you have a particular interest in Paper Soldiers, allow me to invite you to visit Allan McClure's Facebook page, entitled appropriately enough, "Paper Soldiers."

Visit us here at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1952558534961864/ I upload my restorations to the site's Files section. Like this site, there are numerous submissions that you can download for your own use.

Tell him I sent you!

Happy New Year!
Attached Thumbnails
Paper Soldiers-neibelung-600.jpg   Paper Soldiers-adolf-hitler-brown-shirts-600.jpg   Paper Soldiers-adolf-hitler-rod-staff-standard-600.jpg   Paper Soldiers-forward-forward-towards-victorie-restored-600.jpg   Paper Soldiers-our-poilus-argonne-forest-restored-600.jpg  

Old 01-05-2019, 10:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 198.27 MB
Peter Dennis draws a lot of paper soldiers.
https://www.facebook.com/peter.dennis2
Old 01-05-2019, 10:13 PM

Thank you!
Old 01-05-2019, 10:36 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Thank you Charles.

Nice restorations. Your work is appreciated.
Old 01-05-2019, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin WS View Post
Thank you Charles.

Nice restorations. Your work is appreciated.
Thank you! I really enjoy doing it.
Old 01-06-2019, 07:13 AM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
I visited Paper Soldiers FB page and applied for membership. Would like to use appropriate figures to add a sense of scale to some of my armor models. Your restorations of vintage publications are great!
Old 01-06-2019, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockpaperscissor View Post
I visited Paper Soldiers FB page and applied for membership. Would like to use appropriate figures to add a sense of scale to some of my armor models. Your restorations of vintage publications are great!
Looking forward to playing with you on Paper Soldiers! It's a nice little site that is growing in membership.

And, thank you for the compliment!
Old 01-09-2019, 05:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.13 GB
I would recommend this site if you like paper soldiers, there are many good ones to download but at the same time I would also recommend you do not post anything. It seems they only want Admins and Mods to post, all others will be looked down on. A Mod claimed my first post was copied from a recently printed book, which it was not and a later post was deemed horribly offensive because it contained a paper figure of Hitler and a swastika. I was told to use "common sense" when posting. All of the items I posted on that site have been on our site for a long time with no complaints since it is a part of history. Needless to say I am no longer a member of this group but if you are interested in paper soldiers it contains many from about all eras and is interesting to look through. My rant is over........lol, thanks, Dan
Old 01-09-2019, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWest View Post
I would recommend this site if you like paper soldiers, there are many good ones to download but at the same time I would also recommend you do not post anything. It seems they only want Admins and Mods to post, all others will be looked down on. A Mod claimed my first post was copied from a recently printed book, which it was not and a later post was deemed horribly offensive because it contained a paper figure of Hitler and a swastika. I was told to use "common sense" when posting. All of the items I posted on that site have been on our site for a long time with no complaints since it is a part of history. Needless to say I am no longer a member of this group but if you are interested in paper soldiers it contains many from about all eras and is interesting to look through. My rant is over........lol, thanks, Dan
That was I, and I did not make that claim at all! I wrote that I had ordered "that" book only because the image you posted seemed familiar. After your response, I assured you there was no aspersion intended. Our admin, "Alan McClure's" comment, "use common sense," clearly related to the posting of copyrighted material....NOT your material. That was the end of it.

It would seem your feathers are ruffled and need not be so. Both Pete Poli and I are recent moderators, less than one week old. We have been posting for several months now...Hitler and Wehrmacht pieces included.

I invite anyone to review any of the recent posts to determine if censorship or ill feelings are present. Furthermore, there are more members posting than just admin and moderators. We seem to be the core ONLY because there are ONLY 53 members thus far. Four of the most prolific posters make up less than 10% of the total membership and three of us are admin/mods. But, because we have so much to share, it appears that we have cornered the market. It is an appearance only.
Old 01-09-2019, 08:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.13 GB
I am not going to argue about it, what happened is done. I had my say and you've had yours.
Google Adsense