PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Welcome Desk

Old 11-02-2010, 06:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 436.0 KB
Eh, you just got to keep in mind Rocky that some of us don't get on here everyday...I try, but sometimes I'm just too busy...and well, I'd rather be modeling than writing notes on a forum...no offense...lol...:D

It is fun to get on here and see what others are up to though, and over the years I have made some good friends.
Old 11-02-2010, 03:49 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 112.72 MB
Feedback? Looks like a great job on the LEM and the folded-legs modification. Moving parts on paper models requires some kind of hinge. You can fabricate blades for a hinge - requires a wood/wire hinge pin and some careful positioning for attachment. You can also just make a simple strap hinge with a piece of paper/card - score a fold down the middle and glue the sides to the two parts, swings open on the bend.
Yogi
Old 11-02-2010, 06:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 1,012.17 MB
Rocky, all I can say is that if you are a newbie to this medium, I can't wait to see your builds when you get to be an accomplished builder.

Curt
Old 11-03-2010, 01:45 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
That"s great support guys! I'm blushing
I hope your right Asheville. thanks.
Retired_for_now ,You are one of my heros! for you I give my secret: sewing thread hinges.
Finealy Tazman; as always;correct! Time to get off my butt, off here and ruin some more good clothes with glue!!......Uh.. I mean ..Make something!!!
Really appreciate everybodys wellcome. I won't forget you all for helping me get started, when I'm fame........oops..wrong speech...,for getting me off to a good start!:D...:o........:D
Old 11-03-2010, 07:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 436.0 KB
Sewing thread hinges? Now there is one I haven't heard of before...pics and explanation please!! LOL..yeah, I'm with ash...if this is your first paper model, you will be well regarded.
Google Adsense
Old 11-04-2010, 03:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Not hard. Instructions call for bending tubes, just cut them and string them like a neckless. Leave alot of excess thread to set the tension, then when the glue drys; clip it off. (Polyester/cotton; takes glue well and lasts.)
Attached Thumbnails
Hello from Tennessee-1-bottom-showing-adjustment-end-.jpg   Hello from Tennessee-2-top-stop-.jpg   Hello from Tennessee-3-whole-thing.jpg