PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Welcome Desk

Old 11-11-2010, 08:18 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Wink Hallo from Harrow UK

I'm not exactly new to paper modelling; I've been at it since my teens, back in the 1940s (I'm now pushing 78 and as keen as ever!) when all there was around were the first Micromodels and the designs on the backs of packets of Kellogg's breakfast cereals. The latter really kickstarted the craze. Now, in spite of having picked up lots of bad habits like building plastic models I still find that modelling in card (or paper) has the strongest pull.

I currently have two display cabinets full of built models of all subjects, but mainly architectural, and a cupboard full of uncut card models, mainly of German, Polish and Czech origins, just waiting for the knife.

However, I also have stored on disc many others including a virtually full set of the original Micromodels. I have made a couple of dozen of these so far and hope to complete all of the architectural models (at least) before I'm called to that great model shop in the sky. At the moment I'm building Hampton Court (the largest Micromodel) and also the last two of the old London Gates.

I reckon that's about enough for now.

Graham Dixey
Google Adsense
Old 11-11-2010, 11:52 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Welcome Graham from the Midlands ..... I too have been a collector of Micromodels for many years and enjoy 'just looking at them' and then building a few. Any progress on your builds will always be well received by the other forum users on here. I hope you enjoy it here.
Old 11-11-2010, 12:01 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Hi Graham from another guy in the Midlands. Great to have you here, and pleased to hear that you have the paper bug. Please post pictures of what you have already built - we LIVE on pictures. Take care, and enjoy your stay here
Old 11-11-2010, 12:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 417.89 MB
Salutations from me. Enjoy the website. I have modern architecture skyscrapers on my website if you,re interested.

In progress: Canon Alice in Wonderland Tunnel House, Canon A340, Learning Blender
Old 11-12-2010, 01:29 AM

Total Downloaded: 316.45 MB
Welcome to the forum. There is a card model display at V&A Museum in Hackney, this coming sunday. If your feeling keen

Museum of Childhood London

Tim
Google Adsense
Old 11-13-2010, 10:34 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 112.72 MB
Welcome, Graham! Looking forward to seeing some of those models "off" the shelf.
Yogi