PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Welcome Desk

Old 10-13-2009, 11:28 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via Skype™ to DagobahDave
Hello from southern California

Hi, I'm Dave Graffam, and I've just heard about this site today. From what I've seen, this is a fantastic group of papercraft enthusiasts and I'm here to steal all your tricks and share some of mine. :D

I got interested in papercraft models by accident a couple of years ago when I discovered the Fiddler's Green website. I was looking for buildings to populate my Warhammer battlefield, so I bought up every one of the medieval building designs there and scaled them up for 30mm.

Last summer while traveling with my sweetheart in Europe, I saw some real-life Tudor buildings for the first time. Without any planning, I started taking photos of walls and wood beams and just about anything that I could use as visual elements for papercraft designs of my own. Fiddler's Green's models had taught me how create simple models, and I had 10 years of Photoshop design experience and a love of weathered textures. So one day I just got right to it. Now it's a year later, and I'm building up a catalog of papercraft designs.

My website is:
DavesGames.Net

All of my models are at the popular 28mm-30mm wargaming scale, and are designed for quick and easy assembly. I love detailed models with 3D elements, but I wanted to offer models that could be used to create an entire village in a single afternoon.

My models are provided as multi-layered PDFs, which allows you to customize the look of your buildings in many ways before printing them. I provide a choice of at least three distinct surface textures (and sometimes many more), and a selection of external features (windows, doors, plumbing, vegetation and so on) that can be easily hidden or exposed in the PDF. This means that every model design has the potential to be configured into many styles, which I think gives you an exceptional value.

Currently I'm selling 8 different models through RPGNow, but in a couple of weeks I'll be moving everything over onto my site and setting up a shopping cart system so that I can sell directly. I'm also interested in selling models through eCardModels, so I'll be looking for ways to do that as I explore this site a little more.

I'm really looking forward to learning more about papercraft and meeting other designers and modelers here!

I have five unpublished models that I'll be releasing with the re-launching of my site in a couple of weeks, so here are some previews of those models:

CLOCK TOWER

GREY HARE INN

GUILD HALL

RUSTIC CABINS (SET #2)

CRESCENT MOON TAVERN
Google Adsense
Old 10-13-2009, 01:40 PM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
Welcome aboard the board. Lots of folks here to both teach/learn with.

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Old 10-13-2009, 03:43 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
Seen your work at papermodelers and visited your site. Wow! Great work! So start sharing already :D.

I'm sure Chris (site owner) will be in touch with you shortly to talk about selling through ecardmodels.

Oh right! Welcome!!
Old 10-13-2009, 04:05 PM

Thanks!

I've just sent an email to Chris and I hope we'll be able to work something out.
Old 10-14-2009, 04:35 AM

Welcome on board Dave.
I love your models, they are really good looking and, what matters, easy to build for wargamers.

All your models are disappeared from RPGow.com (?).

Make also sure you can sell in a different store than RPGnow.com, 'cause of an exclusive agreement between Jim and them.

ULTIMATUM TO THE EARTH. Follow the story in progress.
Google Adsense
Old 10-14-2009, 08:24 AM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
Welcome I got your first model for release through me and look forward to our future endeavors together!
Chris
Old 10-14-2009, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperMakeiT View Post
Welcome on board Dave.
I love your models, they are really good looking and, what matters, easy to build for wargamers.

All your models are disappeared from RPGow.com (?).

Make also sure you can sell in a different store than RPGnow.com, 'cause of an exclusive agreement between Jim and them.
Thanks!

Jim's exclusivity agreement expired a little while ago, so no worries there. I've decided not to publish through OneBookShelf, and yesterday Jim removed my files from their catalog at my request. I'm preparing those models (and 5 new ones) for sale here at ecardmodels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgutzmer View Post
Welcome I got your first model for release through me and look forward to our future endeavors together!
Chris
Thanks, Chris! I'm really excited about this opportunity.

By the end of today you should have all of my advertising graphics and product files so you can start adding them to the store when you get the chance.
Old 10-14-2009, 04:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
Chris is smiling now
Old 10-15-2009, 01:46 AM

Forgive me if I ask you something I shouldn't, and don't consider this if you don't like to give an answer, but is there something going wrong with OSB recently? I am also an OSB publisher.
Cla

ULTIMATUM TO THE EARTH. Follow the story in progress.
Old 10-15-2009, 02:29 AM

Yeah, they're having some issues with their AutoPay system. Apparently they're working on it. I contacted them a few days ago after I noticed that my sales reports and Affiliate Credits weren't matching up. I'd recommend that you calculate your expected profits based on your sales reports, and if there's a discrepancy in your actual payout, send them an email with those details.
Google Adsense