PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Welcome Desk

Old 12-24-2010, 08:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Hello Group

Hello Group-

I've been fascinated with paper models ever since I found a large German kit under my parents bed. I think it was a Soviet prop trainer. Can't remember the make, but I was amazed at how well it went together, how all the textures lined up.

I've been lurking here for some time enjoying reading the amazing builds that people have shared on this site. The creativity, the artistry, the craftsmanship in all genres just blow me away. Love the POW series...

I have an IT background and I still love to create with paper. I dabble with some origami also with 3d models being my favs. I'm currently trying to use only open source programs (Blender, GIMP and Inkscape) to design a paper model. My interests lie with the SciFi/Fantasy and Figures models but I have eclectic tastes and a love for all types of machinery. Currently, I've been designing the Swordfish II plane from the late 90's anime, Cowboy Bebop. I'm up to the unfolding stage for the fuselage. The 3d model is 95% complete with texturing left to do. I modeled articulated landing gear, scissors folding wings and cockpit hatch, dunno if I can include these in the final paper model. I just like the SFII design and the challenge to render all the compound curves of the fuselage in paper.

Genuine heartfelt greets all, and Happy Holidays ~~
/cie
Google Adsense
Old 12-25-2010, 02:33 AM

Total Downloaded: 316.45 MB
Welcome to the forum

Tim
Old 12-25-2010, 03:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 6.26 MB
Welcome

A very warm welcome. I am an Electronics Engineer and started paper modeling in April this year. Love it. I am so impressed with what can be achieved. Like many I gave up plastic modeling due to the cost of the kits. There is a lot of Sci-Fi here so your amongst friends. Looks like you've done a fair bit of 3D too.
Look forward to seeing you around.

Cheers
Jim
Old 12-25-2010, 05:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Thx Guys--

Nice to meet 'cha all, thanks for the welcomes... Hope all are having a pleasant Holiday Season. Off to the in-laws, I'm spikin' the egg nog ... shhhh!

Cheers~~
/cie
Old 12-26-2010, 09:26 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Welcome, hope the head is ok today from the eggnog. Looking forward to seeing some of your work.
Google Adsense

Tags
blender, design, plane, scifi, swordfish