PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Welcome Desk

Old 01-03-2011, 09:04 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Wink Greenfrog

Thank you for your warmth welcome for my participation as a new member of your modeling families.

I became a keen modeler from 7 years of age since my brother sent me a birthday “ Airfix” plastic tank packet. After years of practice in handling the plastic assemble kits, I find it quite limited power in conversion & unfriendly to our environment.

Working as an exhibition designer in Hong Kong Museum of History for more than 20 years, I have tried to use different kinds of materials (such as wood, plastic, cardboard, foam blocks and fabric etc.)in making exhibition models for presentation to clients & boss. Basically, you may also admitted that a good model worth thousand words to present the exhibition layout / setup, where to route for the visitors and how to make a perfect mechanism for the exhibits to work.

Last year, I was fascinated by a huge tiger mask hanged in the office that made by comrade with 4 sheets of A3 size thick paper stock from color laser printer. With the powerful computer software and flexibilities in creating models of different scale, I can work out almost everything from 2D sheets.

A new comer into the field of paper modeling, I would like to learn more technique in ship building especially the submarines, thank you again in receiving new friends of modelers.

Alvin Frog
Google Adsense
Old 01-03-2011, 09:14 AM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Smile Welcome Alvin Frog - greenfrog

Hello and Welcome to the good ship PM DOT COM - sounds to me that you have a very good background and you should be able to find some VERY useful tips and tricks here. Have FUN {you will} and ENJOY {you will}
Old 01-05-2011, 08:09 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 112.72 MB
Welcome aboard! I agree with Peter, though it sounds like you have a lot to teach us as well.
Yogi (artistically challenged but willing)
Old 01-05-2011, 11:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 6.26 MB
As you mentioned ship building I am going to say one name. Doris. with no disrespect to all the other fine modelers here if you go looking for Doris' builds you will just be plain shocked by her skills with paper modeling.

Looking forward to seeing you around.

cheers
Jim