PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Welcome Desk

Old 04-15-2008, 07:24 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via Skype™ to AVR
Hello from Kharkov

Hello, All!My name is Andrey Romanchuk. I live in Kharkov, Ukraine. My hobby is paper modeling. Some my works you can find at allfrompaper.narod.ru. English version of site not ready yet, but I have idea to do it. Let me ask next questions: which scales and which thematic for paper modeling are popular in world? For example, I like scale 1/43 – it not very small and not very big. My usually thematic is armored cars.
Google Adsense
Old 04-15-2008, 07:38 AM

Total Downloaded: 16.12 MB
Hi Andrey and welcome.

Some of us know about your work already. Your Civil War armoured cars have publicised at the Landships site (www.landships.freeservers.com).

I'm not sure there is a "preferred scale" in AFV models. I'd guess the smaller models are usually in 1/72 or 1/50 but it's easy to change scale with software.

Is the KhPz plant (birth place of the T-34) still operating in Kharkov?

Regards,

Charlie
Old 04-15-2008, 09:47 AM

All kind of papermodels are popular, but I like especially battleships, and as you live in Ukraine, you can make some historical russian battleships/kruisers (?).
Old 04-15-2008, 11:32 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Welcome Andrey!

Your armored car models are excellent, but I really like that little blue bus.

Don
Old 04-15-2008, 07:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
I agree with boosed, I like the blue bus. More into civilian vehicles than military and with my background in plastic models I tend toward 1/25th. I like looking at them all, so will be interested in seeing more of your work.
Google Adsense
Old 04-15-2008, 09:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 210.47 MB
Welcome Andrey,

I have visited your site in the past and have downloaded some of your Armored Cars.

I build armor models in 1:25 scale but I have also built some 1:16 scale armor models.

Jim Nunn
Old 04-16-2008, 10:09 AM

Total Downloaded: 314.05 MB
Andrey, welcome to our group. As for myself, I prefer the larger scales. Like many of our members, I'm finding out the realities of becoming older.....it's getting harder to see tiny detail, and even worse, harder to physically hold on to them. My subject preference leans toward ships, but I have yet to find a modeling subject that I absolutely don't like.
Old 04-17-2008, 10:22 AM

Total Downloaded: 41.26 MB
Hello, Andrey;
With boosed and whulsey, I also like the little blue ZIS-8 motor bus. I like it so much that a few months ago I bought from you a copy of your AMO F-15 truck model in 1:25 scale.

I have not yet built it, but it looks as though it will be a pleasure to build. I especially appreciate the back-printing of the canopy. It is an important detail which will make the finished model look much better. I hope for many more offerings from you in the future.

Regarding scale, I personally prefer to work small. 1:25 is okay with me, but is as large as I usually like to go. My house is small and I live with 3 cats who love the feeling of crushed paper models between their teeth. This, and the accumulation of ordinary dust makes storage and display of large models a problem. Although I am 64 years old and can no longer work at all without magnifying glasses, my hands are still steady enough to cut small detail. Anyway, I can always scan and reprint at a smaller scale if I wish.

I hope this helps you
Best Wishes,

Thomas
Old 04-22-2008, 11:06 PM

Hello, All!
Thank you! I apologize for long delay with reply, but my English is not very good, and I need time to understand your posts and write answer. As I see, bus is more interesting than armored cars. Probably, I need pay more attention to civil thematic.
To CharlieC: Yes, KhPz plant still operating. It’s named “Zavod Imeni Malysheva”.
To profgerto: Sorry, I do not like ships. My education is CAD systems in aircraft building. Now I work for Industry Transport project institute. So, my way and ships never intersects

Last edited by AVR; 04-22-2008 at 11:10 PM.
Old 05-23-2008, 12:40 AM

New project completed. Model of Ya-3 truck designed for Orel publishing house (http://www.papermodeling.net/en/).

Google Adsense