PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Welcome Desk

Old 01-27-2011, 07:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 709.4 KB
Greetings from Texas

Awesome site, love the pics. Love the downloads. I just recently got into Papercraft, (plastic models are getting too expensive). I just got done doing the Lens Head Type-B tuned, and am currently working on the ISO-GAWARA.

What a way to spend time with my son.

Quick question, I have a copy of the Space Battleship Yamato (known as Starblazers here), and was wondering what your policies are for uploading. this isn't my model, I found it on the internet when i first got into papercraft. But I know its a very hard to find model, and want to share.

Thanks

http://dented-rick.deviantart.com/
Google Adsense
Old 01-29-2011, 08:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 248.80 MB
Welcome, we need some more guys from the lone star state............Rich
Old 01-29-2011, 10:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Yep, we can always use more Texans!
Old 01-30-2011, 12:48 AM

Well, I wouldn't "technically" call myself a Texan. I grew up in the Northwest, and have only lived here for a year. But face to face, I'll deny ever living up North, know what I mean. hehe

Old 01-30-2011, 11:15 AM

Total Downloaded: 354.7 KB
Rick, welcome. A displaced Oregonian who feels right at home in Corpus Christi and has been lurking on the site says, download some free files and, dig right in.
Google Adsense
Old 01-30-2011, 08:57 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 112.72 MB
Welcome aboard, Rick! Lot's of models in the downloads here and in the links section.

Re: Yamato you found free on-line. I think you have your answer via PM already. To close the loop for everyone else, if a model is copyrighted then whoever posted it probably stole the kit (i.e. piracy).

If the original designer marked the model for free distribution, then you can post a link to the site where you found it - a link to the site, not directly to the model, ensures that site gets the views (often the reason they post free models).

We discourage anyone other than the original designer (or someone with the original designer's permission) from uploading models here. We also do not allow links to pirate sites.

That said, if you come across something you are not sure of, post details on the model like the original author, cover marking, etc. and I'm sure there will be another enthusiast here that can tell you if it's legitimate.

Yogi
Old 01-30-2011, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired_for_now View Post
Welcome aboard, Rick! Lot's of models in the downloads here and in the links section.

Re: Yamato you found free on-line. I think you have your answer via PM already. To close the loop for everyone else, if a model is copyrighted then whoever posted it probably stole the kit (i.e. piracy).

If the original designer marked the model for free distribution, then you can post a link to the site where you found it - a link to the site, not directly to the model, ensures that site gets the views (often the reason they post free models).

We discourage anyone other than the original designer (or someone with the original designer's permission) from uploading models here. We also do not allow links to pirate sites.

That said, if you come across something you are not sure of, post details on the model like the original author, cover marking, etc. and I'm sure there will be another enthusiast here that can tell you if it's legitimate.

Yogi
If I created my own papercraft design of the Space Battleship Yamato, would I be able to share that? it would be my own design based on the few Pictures I have from the original Movie, and some schematics I found online.

Old 01-31-2011, 03:10 AM

Total Downloaded: 7.23 MB
Hey Rick, I've already chatted with you in a few threads :D I'm new here too, and like this place a LOT more than where I've hung my hat before now. Actually being able to ask a question or give an answer, and not get insulted ...