PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Welcome Desk

Old 02-08-2011, 05:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Dear Members

As a new member on this forum, I would like to salute all of you. I just begining to discover what it is possible to do with paper and your works are just blown me away me ! It seems that you have no limit... What fantastic models ! It's hard for me to believe what I see here ! ! ! Congratulations all for your nice works.

Best regards

Last edited by Blackbeard; 02-08-2011 at 06:49 PM.
Google Adsense
Old 02-08-2011, 05:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 6.26 MB
Very warm welcome BlackBeard. Look forward to seeing you around.

Cheers
Jim
Old 02-08-2011, 06:04 PM
Eternal Member

Welcome to the forum, yes you see some builds here for the first time and you just can't believe your eyes and your overwhelmed a little. Best thing is to download a few of the free models and look at the tips ask for help even and post photos. and most definately have fun and i sure do building models and getting advice from others here on so many different things to do with this hobby.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 652.45 MB
Hello!

Welcome to this forum.

You will surely enjoy it being here!

Old 02-08-2011, 07:17 PM

Thank you ladies and gentlemen for this warm welcome. I am just begining to see the top of the iceberg of your artistry. I would like to tip my hat especially to one of your numerous members, a very talented lady: Doris. The hand skill of this artist is simply amazing (I just can't believe what she is doing with her hands )

I have never made paper model but from what I see, it gives me a lot of ideas for futur model projects. I am fan of naval ships from the 18th century, fan of airplanes (especially x-planes, skunk projects, VSTOL, WWII...), fan of Starwars, fan of Steampunk vehicles, fan of... well... fan of a lot of things after all...

I am currently building the well known Nautilus submarine designed by Harper Goff from the movie 20K leagues under the sea. Because it is made with embossed alluminium sheets and not with paper, it is of no interest here. But I guess I will find great modeling tips here and will study every threads one by one to try to increase my modeling skills.

Once again, thank you all for your welcome. Good modeling.

Best regards
Google Adsense
Old 02-08-2011, 07:30 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard View Post
Thank you ladies and gentlemen for this warm welcome. I am just begining to see the top of the iceberg of your artistry. I would like to tip my hat especially to one of your numerous members, a very talented lady: Doris. The hand skill of this artist is simply amazing (I just can't believe what she is doing with her hands )

I have never made paper model but from what I see, it gives me a lot of ideas for futur model projects. I am fan of naval ships from the 18th century, fan of airplanes (especially x-planes, skunk projects, VSTOL, WWII...), fan of Starwars, fan of Steampunk vehicles, fan of... well... fan of a lot of things after all...

I am currently building the well known Nautilus submarine designed by Harper Goff from the movie 20K leagues under the sea. Because it is made with embossed alluminium sheets and not with paper, it is of no interest here. But I guess I will find great modeling tips here and will study every threads one by one to try to increase my modeling skills.

Best regards
Welcome aboard - great to have you here. Put the build you mention in the OTHER THINGS WE DO forum - we will most certainly be interested. Enjoy you stay - you are now a part of our very BIG family
Old 02-09-2011, 01:03 AM

Send a message via MSN to Jerry V
Quote:
It seems that you have no limit... What fantastic models !
Welcome to the forum! And while building papermodels, there are almost no limits..
It´s almost like.. ¨If you can dream it, you can build it¨

Jerry
Previously build; R.M.S. Titanic, 1:200 scale
Currently building; S.S. Nomadic 1:250 scale
Old 02-16-2011, 12:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Welcome to the forum. Guess I need to go check the "other things we build" because I -for one- would like to see the Nautilus.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:25 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:

Best regards
look in the avation section you see a build of a SR Blackbird made from beverage cans by a builder on here so do post photos of your build of the nautillus