PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Welcome Desk

Old 02-10-2011, 10:26 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Newby

Hey guys, I'm new here. Stumbled in while looking for images of wheels for my baby Doozy CAD model. I think I just found a new place for modelling ideas. I scratchbuild in plastic and find paper patterns very useful in providing both fabricating templates and how to's. I trolled the images galleries and download sections and there are some very interesting tutorials and model downloads. I hope I can add some useful information from time to time, but, from what I've seen so far I may be learning a thing or two.
Google Adsense
Old 02-10-2011, 12:14 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 23.70 MB
Welcome aboard and enjoy what the site has to offer. Check out the categories and find a niche. Choose a subject and start building, but if you have not built a paper model before, Try a simpler model from fiddlers green or from the downloads here. From that simple build, expand upon it and add details to it and you will find that a basic model can be turned into a work of art. Do not forget to post photos of your work when you feel comfortable. If you run into any problems with a certain model, post a photo of the part in question and you will get some advice as to how it goes. Again, enjoy and see you around the forums.
Old 02-10-2011, 12:55 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
welcome aboard, You will find lots of good ideas here, You will notice that someone who I can't think the user name of off of hand uses the templates for card models to build out of beer and beverage cans.
Old 02-11-2011, 01:56 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 112.72 MB
Welcome! Looking forward to seeing where your ideas take you ...

Yogi