PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Welcome Desk

Old 02-21-2011, 04:22 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Can't swim, but I'll dive in

Hello to all the forum dwellers out there. Wanted to extend an introduction just to get the name out there. I've only been building papercrafts for about a month now, and have just started to get into 'designing' and creating my own models or modeling from games, but I've more or less found myself spiraling into oblivion with hours of my days disappearing. I figured it'd be a good idea to get into a place like this and listen in on some of the veterans who know what they're doing and how to do it.

I'm currently working on getting some of the multiplayer models from Conker Live & Reloaded to turn them into eventual constructions, but I'm in way over my head and going nowhere fast.

Since this is my intro, I will also show my introduction into papercraft, which is my first model ever built, a Kingdom Hearts Kurt Zisa boss by Ninjatoes. Was done on regular print paper and in black and white because I happened to be lacking C and Y but couldn't wait to start building lol. Lessons were learned and a deep appreciation for the final product was gained.

Anyways, thanks for having me and I'll see you around.
Attached Thumbnails
Can't swim, but I'll dive in-small.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 02-21-2011, 07:14 AM

Total Downloaded: 6.26 MB
Hello and welcome Captain 2D. Just wait if you think it's bad now. I have got to the stage where if I have other work, such as tiling, building shelves or any DIY around the house I feel so guilty that I am not getting my model finished. This really is adictive that's for sure. I used to worry about the time spent on modeling but I am not sure what else I would be doing if I wasn't paper modeling. My wife is happy I am not down the bars drinking and chatting up the ladies. lol

Cheers and looking forward to seeing you around.
Jim
Old 02-21-2011, 09:17 AM
Eternal Member

welcome to the forum, nice build by the way.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:11 AM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Welcome to the family here on PM DOT COM. Nice build you have there, a great way to introduce yourself to us here. Enjoy your stay {you will} and have fun {you will}
Old 02-21-2011, 11:34 AM
Banned

That's your first model!! Well, it seems you are off to a spectacular start. That is one heckuva first model, ( or any model). Really impressive!
Google Adsense
Old 02-21-2011, 01:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 68.34 MB
Neophyte paper modeler

I came across Paper Modelers while searching for models to build and decided to join. Currently building a P3 Orion that has been quite a challenge and a bassett hound for the wife which is coming along nicely. I'm looking forward to building and might someday get into design. Something to keep the gray matter stimulated. Brian