PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Welcome Desk

Old 03-18-2011, 11:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
New Here

Just saying hi. I've been lurking for a while as well as researching other forums (and video tuts). I'm pretty new to PaperCrafting. All in all it actually seems one of the most challenging mediums.

To date I've made
Super Mario Papercraft

Everthing went smooth till I got to to the hands, what a nightmare. I think I remade the first hand 3 times till I got it right. I intended it for my gf back for valentines but what I thought was a day or 2 project turned into weeks but I learned a lot.

Currently I'm working on the Julius model Ed-209 from Robocop.One of my favorite robots of all time. While the stock version is great I've downloaded countless references from the full size, stop motion figure, as well as the Hot Toys and Horizon models. While I cannot add ALL the detail from those I am adding as much as a can, while reinforcing it with extra paper layers, foamboard, hot glue, and clear coating the outside.

I don't know where I am headed in this hobby but just thought I'd say hi and mentioned my interests which is mainly Ed-209. I'm sure I work get it perfect the first go but I have no intentions of stopping till I do.

In general sci-fi, bots, etc are my main focus of interest
Google Adsense
Old 03-19-2011, 09:44 AM

Total Downloaded: 417.89 MB
Welcome qwOwp
The ED209 model is fantastic, and I will make it also.
Show some photos of it some time, part build or complete, always good to see new models.

In progress: Canon Alice in Wonderland Tunnel House, Canon A340, Learning Blender
Old 03-19-2011, 02:48 PM

Recently moved and I'm not sure where the digital camera is though I do want to take pics as I build the model. I'm building the 1/6 scale version, though slightly shrunk (91%) as I could not find A4 110lbs card stock locally.

My first build I finished part 1 of the model but it felt a bit flimsy (though over all the model tends to reinforce itself the way its built). So far I've seen two builds, one here and one on paper-replika. I've had a minor issue in both of my attempts. I've seen no mention of the first box not lining up properly, it does if you reverse the sides, otherwise I found I had to change the fold lines (parts 9,11,12,14) which works and doesn't affect the rest of the build, just kind of odd. Maybe the error is mine.

Anyhow I'll look again for my camera as I'd like to document the process, both for me or anyone else.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Welcome, be looking forward to seeing some photos of your work when you get the chance.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:03 PM

Found the camera. Being new, should I post in progress shots here or start thread in the model builds forum?
Google Adsense