PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Welcome Desk

Old 03-20-2011, 09:52 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Hi from Poughkeepsie, NY

I just found this group, and glad I did. I recently was able to find one of my grails, the Alan Rose DC-3. I found the thread on this board about this model while Googling it, which will be very useful. Now I just have to find his Titanic which I had built for someone back in the early '80s.

I build both plastic models (mainly '50s-early '60s cars) and paper models. The first paper model I ever tackled was the Alan Rose Empire State Building when it first came out, and have hooked since. I live near the Olde Rhinebeck Aerodrome, and purchased a number of the Fiddler's Green WW1 aircraft that were sold there, and really enjoyed them. I've since downloaded a number of aircraft and buildings from their website.

I'm looking forward to learning and sharing my models here.

Cheers, Jim Gibbons
Google Adsense
Old 03-20-2011, 03:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 528.35 MB
101.5 phhhhuuuuuuuuuuquipsseeee.........

welcome aboard
Old 03-20-2011, 04:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 29.49 MB
Welcome to the group.

Sounds like you've been building for a while, you can probably show us something new and maybe we can show you something useful.

I have a brother in law, Roger Griemsmann, that's lived in Poughkeepsie for ~35 years. He's a plastic modeler and a member of IPMS, you might know him from the modeling connection.

When you have the chance, post a pict or 3 of the kind of models you build.

Again, welcome,

Swampfox
Old 03-20-2011, 04:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 135.14 MB
Welcome to the forum from another New Yorker. I would love to see your builds.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:15 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 112.72 MB
Welcome aboard! Looking forward to your input.

Yogi
Google Adsense
Old 03-20-2011, 08:21 PM
Banned

AAaahhh, Rhinebeck, one of my favorite places, about an hour, 10 minutes from me, (New Fairfield, Ct.). Welcome aboard!!
Old 03-21-2011, 06:49 AM

Thanks for the welcome, folks! I will be posting photos as I build some. All the paper models I've built in the past, I've given to people, so have no photos. My Fokti link on my Profile page has pics of some of my plastic models.

JLeslie48...you got it, lol! One of my other interests is vintage Telefunken tube radios. I have a great 8 tube, 4 speaker 1963 Concertino in my collection, and it's amazing how good WPDH and other oldies stations sound on it. No wonder why guitar amps are still tube driven.

Swampfox...I know Roger. I used to be a member of the Hudson Valley Historic Miniatures Guild. I have to start going again. I have a bone disease that makes getting out a bit difficult, especially in cold weather. Years ago, I gave Roger a plastic keychain of a miniature articulated hip and femur after he got his hip replacement. I love Roger's "Yellow Wing" prewar aircraft models.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:54 AM

Thanks for the welcome, folks! I will be posting photos as I build some. All the paper models I've built in the past, I've given to people, so have no photos. My Fokti link on my Profile page has pics of some of my plastic models.

JLeslie48...you got it, lol! One of my other interests is vintage Telefunken tube radios. I have a great 8 tube, 4 speaker 1963 Concertino in my collection, and it's amazing how good WPDH and other oldies stations sound on it. No wonder why guitar amps are still tube driven.

Swampfox...I know Roger. I used to be a member of the Hudson Valley Historic Miniatures Guild. I have to start going again. I have a bone disease that makes getting out a bit difficult, especially in cold weather. Years ago, I gave Roger a plastic keychain of a miniature articulated hip and femur after he got his hip replacement. I love Roger's "Yellow Wing" prewar aircraft models.

Zathros...we might have passed each other on the road at some point. One of my favorite places is Lime Rock, and I often work Timing and Scoring at the Vintage Festival.
Old 03-21-2011, 08:56 AM

Total Downloaded: 29.49 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by modelerjimg View Post
Thanks for the welcome, folks!

The hip comment and his Yellow Wings are a give away that we're talking about the same guy.......

Good to have you here, maybe we can get him to look at card models a little closer. He's never taken to them all that much.

see you in the forums,
Swampfox