PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Welcome Desk

Old 03-23-2011, 09:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.43 MB
Another Howdy from Texas...

Hey Yall... 'Nuther Texan here... Wandered over from a link on Ye Olde Rocket Forum and read awhile... lots of good stuff over here! I'm sorta new at this paper modelling... been doing rockets since I was in high school (I'm fixin' to turn 40 and have been back into rocketry about 4-5 years now after not having much time or money for hobbies after high school). Most of my paper modelling has been from Dr. Zooch rockets which use a lot of cardstock parts in some of the builds... neat stuff!

Lookin' forward to learning from yall... and if anybody's interested, I've got the superdetailed paper skins for the shuttle orbiters from Dr. Zooch's "Return to Flight" flying space shuttle kit for all the orbiters, graciously shared with me by another modeler, and I've also reworked one of the skins into Drax's "Moonraker 5" from the Bond film "Moonraker"... The skins are cut and glued onto a balsa wing structure and bulkheads to make a GLIDING Moonraker that can fly on the Dr. Zooch shuttle stack...

Later! OL JR

PS... before anybody asks, "OL' (old) JR" is what everybody called me in high school-- I was probably a little too fond of the TV show "Dallas" back then, and my initials are J.R. so it stuck... "luke strawwalker" is my sign-on name on several different (mostly rocketry) forums, from another fancy of mine-- sci-fi... "luke" is easy enough-- a "strawwalker" is a reciprocating seperation device in the back half of a grain combine which fluffs the threshed straw as it moves it to the rear of the combine to discharge it while seperating trapped grain and returning it to the cleaning shoe... LOL
Google Adsense
Old 03-23-2011, 02:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 248.80 MB
Allways nice to have more Texans here...Welcome.......Rich
Old 03-23-2011, 04:07 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 112.72 MB
Welcome aboard! Looking forward to your comments and input.

Yogi