PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Welcome Desk

Old 05-04-2011, 09:04 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
My first post

Hello dear paper models friends.

I just signed in this forum because I wish to improve my skills in papercraft models.
When I was young, I used to make some plastic models with painting like ships (sailing ships), cars or buildings for a train circuit we had at home.
I think papercrafting can be a very good way to improve the pupils skills in precise and proper manipulation of cisors, glue as well as proper and precise folding and assembling various parts of a final project.
My pupils had sometimes the project to fold paper planes and construct brain teasers or tangrams or such sorts of material.
Now, I am resource person for computer, numerical resources and using computers in primary school. And I think the web resources in papercraft belong to the most interesting ways to practice patience as well as precise and proper manipulations for our pupils.
That's why I am looking for easy but spectacular models like rockets, planes, ships and fiction ships.
Thank you for this interesting forum.
François
Google Adsense
Old 05-04-2011, 05:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 31.42 MB
stuff

Zara...

Try looking for "stomp rockets" they are simple and fun.

Here is a two piece 14 sided model (orthotetrakaidecahedron). Fold on the uncut lines and tape together, then tape the two pieces together. This odd shape will stack together with out any space betweem units. Like cubes but lots more fun. pdf file is for one object. Photo is completed object. All edges are the same length, and there are 8 hexagon faces and 6 square faces.
Attached Thumbnails
My first post-stacker.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CompactBox1 Model (1).pdf (2.8 KB, 3 views)
Old 05-05-2011, 01:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Smile Thanks

Hi Glounsbury,

Thanks a lot for your post.
Your quick answer will permit me to give these patterns next wednesday during a workshop about numerical resources and sciences.
I will try out the patterns today.
Regards,
Zara
Old 05-05-2011, 05:21 AM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Welcome to PM DOT COM Zara. Well you certainly have the right place for all your needs, and i hope you and your pupils gain a lot from being with us. Good to have you on the forum. Let us know how things go. All the best. Regards. Pete.
Old 05-05-2011, 06:57 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 112.72 MB
Welcome Francois - and thanks for all you do for your pupils. You can also download the straw rockets from the Toys & Automata section for several activities you can also do with the stomp rockets.

There are some stomp rockets in the real space (AresI, Nike-Zeus) and aviation (Bomarc) downloads as well.

Yogi
Google Adsense