PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Welcome Desk

Old 06-07-2011, 05:42 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
A Tottenville 'Hi!'

The past day has been one of discovery and remembrance. It started with stumbling across a site which specializes in paper model kits. There I found kits for the WW II warbirds originally available as Wheaties(r) premiums. [I actually built a couple of them many years ago. [Yup, I'm that old!] So in a sense I'm not all that new to paper modeling.]

From there I ended up here and was entirely captivated by Mr. Ohlsson's Quetzalcoatl. His 'build' sequence was delightful.

I'm presently making rubber-powered model planes. Up to now paper has been something I use to draw plans upon and, in the form of tissue, it's a covering material.

But it appears there is an entirely new way of looking at paper. It will be a pleasure to explore the myriad possibilities this site presents.

Jim Hannah
Tottenville
Google Adsense
Old 06-07-2011, 08:56 AM

Total Downloaded: 76.03 MB
Welcome Jim! Glad to have you here. There are a number of us that are into stick and tissue as well as "Standard" paper modeling. I'm just really getting started down the stick builds.

Fell free to ask anything and share lots of pictures. We like to see what folks are talking about