Kenworth W900
Trailer Kenworth W900
Erko-typ models
Z-ART models
Ondrej Hejl models

Please do not use a PM to contact us, only e-mail: [email protected]
Old 10-12-2012, 11:16 AM
Eternal Member

Location: Pacifica, Calif. near the coast over looking the Pacific Ocean near San Francisco
Total Downloaded: 842.88 MB
I too am very happy to see Orlk here with us. You make some of the best and most detailed models I have ever seen. However, I bought the Piper L-4H Cub from your company and though you did great on the model and photos the instructions are in your language and not mine so I am unable to read them. I tried a several times to get in touch with your company about this, I gave up trying. I think this will the last model I buy from you guys. Thanks but no thanks. wc
Old 10-12-2012, 11:48 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wad Cutter View Post
I too am very happy to see Orlk here with us. You make some of the best and most detailed models I have ever seen. However, I bought the Piper L-4H Cub from your company and though you did great on the model and photos the instructions are in your language and not mine so I am unable to read them. I tried a several times to get in touch with your company about this, I gave up trying. I think this will the last model I buy from you guys. Thanks but no thanks. wc

here is something i have tried with sucess before.
it only works with a scanner.
it is possible to scan the instructions with your scanners optical text scan mode into a text file. then you can go to google and translate it automatically. i too was frustrated with lack of translated instructions.
however i would not let that stop you from enjoying the models that you love.. this is just my humble suggestion feel free to disregard.

i hope you enjoy your modeling passion.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:59 PM
Eternal Member

Location: Pacifica, Calif. near the coast over looking the Pacific Ocean near San Francisco
Total Downloaded: 842.88 MB
Great tip enigme, I hape a HP Photosmart 3210xi and a HP Envy HD. Not sure if my scanners can do that but I will look into it. It's just that Orlik is a big company or so I thought. Odd I thought they could get my order to buy but after that nothing. wc
Old 10-12-2012, 02:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 316.45 MB
Wad Cutter, I find the best source of building reference is other peoples build threads

Apart from that I don't bother translating the written instructions.

As they say a picture is worth a thousand words.

Tim
Google Adsense
Old 10-12-2012, 06:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 15.61 MB
Huh...my experience is even though the instructions aren't in English, the diagrams are usually good enough to get me through. If I have real problems understanding the diagrams, I use Google translate to translate the relevant instructions to English.

My take on it...keep designing (and selling) models and I'll figure out a way to build 'em!

I really like the IJN battleships! Maybe when I get through all the US "treaty" cruisers!!

russ...
Old 10-12-2012, 07:37 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.44 MB
Wad Cutter, I don't think you're characterizing Orlik properly. It isn't their fault that the
instructions aren't in english. In fact, the L-4H isn't even a model that they've designed,
they only sell the model. If you want to direct your disappointment with a company regarding instructions, direct it at the company who designed the model.

If you check your PM's, I believe I noted twice that the company to contact for potential english
instructions is Kartonowa Kolekcja.

I can assure you that Orlik does their gosh-darn best to include english instructions in their models.

See here: ORLIK - Model Kartonowy

I hope this doesn't come across as too blunt, but you can't really blame them on something that is out of their jurisdiction.
I do agree that it would be nice for english instructions to be present in a lot of paper models. Publishers could truly show how much
they care about their consumers. But let's face it, the majority of the paper model publishers aren't based in the US and their main
language isn't english. Perhaps these publishers aren't able to feasibly produce instructions in other languages.
If so, then it's always a good idea to adapt. After all, the companies usually include excellent diagrams, and those are almost,
if not always better and more comprehensive than the written language.
Old 10-13-2012, 12:42 AM

Total Downloaded: 83.64 MB
I use a Polish keyboard emulator and google translate page. Translations are pretty good if you can type the correct characters.
Old 10-13-2012, 12:58 AM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Orange View Post
Wad Cutter, I don't think you're characterizing Orlik properly. It isn't their fault that the
instructions aren't in english. In fact, the L-4H isn't even a model that they've designed,
they only sell the model. If you want to direct your disappointment with a company regarding instructions, direct it at the company who designed the model.

If you check your PM's, I believe I noted twice that the company to contact for potential english
instructions is Kartonowa Kolekcja.

I can assure you that Orlik does their gosh-darn best to include english instructions in their models.

See here: ORLIK - Model Kartonowy

I hope this doesn't come across as too blunt, but you can't really blame them on something that is out of their jurisdiction.
I do agree that it would be nice for english instructions to be present in a lot of paper models. Publishers could truly show how much
they care about their consumers. But let's face it, the majority of the paper model publishers aren't based in the US and their main
language isn't english. Perhaps these publishers aren't able to feasibly produce instructions in other languages.
If so, then it's always a good idea to adapt. After all, the companies usually include excellent diagrams, and those are almost,
if not always better and more comprehensive than the written language.
Well said and 100% correct...
Old 10-13-2012, 11:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
I use douglasmarrel's method and it works fairly well, does take a bit of time so only do it if I'm really stuck on trying to figure out the diagrams. Also found a Polish-English dictonary at a used bookstore for $6 that helps out.
Google Adsense