PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Welcome Desk

Old 06-05-2012, 11:51 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Post New HO hobbiest with dual " LOCOMOTIONS"

Hi, My name is Wayne and I'm new to the model train hobby even tho I'm 70 yrs old . I've saved serveral collectors sets of HO model trains to start with and hope to convert them to DCC power at some point but will need help or advice. My beginning platform is 10 ft X 6 ft and hangs from my garage ceiling on a pulley system . I'm now at the track laying stage and plan to
lay 2 seperate tracks and one set will actually run up and over the other.My nick name is honestly " LOCOMOTOIN " which I have had since a teenager and it came from my first hobby which was Cars and drag racing which I continue today by owning a 2009 Dodge Challenger R/T Hemi that I call the LOCOMOTION and have designed and have made graphics applied to the car which I hope I can show here with a download if thats allowed and I can figure out how to do it. Thanks for reading all this and if I did anything wrong please tell me before banning from the forum .
Attached Thumbnails
New HO hobbiest with dual " LOCOMOTIONS"-2nd-fast-signs-proof-edc8522-284f-4e4f-b156-d7559af1f35e_0_proof.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 06-05-2012, 02:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Very nice. There are some very nice scenery/terrain pieces in HO scale. I've done a couple for my cousin's set now. Trains can get expensive, I know from experience. There are things you can do with card that plastic cannot match. I hope down the road we'll be able to see your table.
Old 06-05-2012, 02:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 314.05 MB
Welcome to the forum, Wayne. We love photos here, even if off topic....that's why we have the lounge section. And don't overly worry about getting banned without warning. When you trace the history of our forum, you will find that one of the main reasons it came to be was to protest that practice and to have a place to meet where one could stray from the pure paper modelling topic. In my mind, that explains why we are now looking at passing the 30,000 member milestone. You will find lots here of interest to a train guy (one is never too old to play trains. My motto is 'every boy should have a train set'). Not too many taboos here....don't post links to pirate sites (if you are in doubt, pm one of the administrators first, but even if you do post a link to the dark side, the reprimand is usually gentle), and disagree without being disagreeable about it. I know of only a few bannings, and all of them were well deserved. Enjoy your time here....this is a great community.
Old 06-06-2012, 01:49 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 112.72 MB
Welcome! Nobody expects paper rails - but there are many possibilities for dressing your layout with paper models of buildings, structures, vehicles or even customizing rolling stock. Looking forward to your comments.

Yogi
Old 06-07-2012, 03:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Thanks for the welcome !

Thanks guys for the warm welcome and I'd just like to say that even tho my main hobby is American Muscle Cars, Car Shows & Cruise nights there are lots of times that I can't wait to get back to working on & building my HO train platform . I have the whole plan and in my head , the platform built , & starting to figure out and lay the track. After that of course comes the buildings and scenery which I have aquired a lot of , but will need a lot of advice and suggestions which I feel sure I can get here .
So I'll be posting , asking questions or for advice and suggestions along with posting an occassional progress report and I hope some pictures. Thats all for now and see you at the Station !

Wayne......AKA......LOCOMOTION
Google Adsense
Old 06-07-2012, 05:24 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Welcome to PM DOT COM - great to have you here. I am sure you will find everything you need here and sooooo much more. You are now a part of our huge family - Enjoy {you will}