PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Welcome Desk

Old 06-10-2012, 04:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Newbie-another bloody Browncoat

Hi there, from the corn fields of Iowa. Very new to paper models. Interested mainly in Serenity but also gonna look into Civil War ironclads. If anyone has some leads, chime in. Good to be here.
Bruce
Google Adsense
Old 06-10-2012, 06:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 499.03 MB
Welcome!

There's some models out there of Serenity and the shuttle. As for ACW Ironclads, you're in serious luck. Check out Ecardmodels.com for a great selection, including several freebies of ACW vessels.

Wyvern
Old 06-10-2012, 06:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 198.27 MB
If you want know about Ironclads, check out the threads by "ct ertz".

See our download section on ships:
PaperModelers.com - Downloads - Ships and Maritime Hardware

Ken
Old 06-10-2012, 07:25 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 112.72 MB
Welcome aboard!
Yogi
Old 06-10-2012, 07:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Welcome to the site!

Yep, ct ertz is going to be one of your best friends! Great designer who has plenty of what you're looking for. Just check out his "projects" on the forum tab.

Mike
Google Adsense
Old 06-10-2012, 09:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 59.62 MB
Welcome aboard, Bruce! This site and Corey Ertz certainly will fix you up for Civil War ironclads, particularly Confederate ones. Be warned, however, that this site will tempt you into many additional fascinating directions.

Although I've been a naturalized Texan since '86, I grew up in Cedar Rapids, have degrees from both Iowa City and Ames. Where's your brown cornfield, exactly?

With all this manual labor, I may not make it out of retirement alive.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
Hello,
Iowa? Some of the nicest folks around are in that great state, although many of them drive kind of crazy! I go to SD about every other year or so depending on finances, so the kids can see grandparents. We go right past the Sargent Floyed (sp?) monument among other things. When I lived in SD I went yearly to Counsel Bluffs Iowa for a little ren-fest. Nice folks, indeed. Welcome to our little part of the paper world!

First off, ACW ironclads and gunboats are a passion of mine. I have made a couple of respectable 1/250 scale water line kits, some are here in the downloads section for free. Others are available at ECardmodels.com Shop. I am flattered that some one this thread have mentioned my work, but their are other kits besides mine available as well, with at least two new designers working on Union River ironclads such as the USS Cairo, and Wooden Gun Boats such as the CSS Jamestown. Also at ecards, you will find ACW vessels by Dragos, Avery, and some awesome subs by "Nothing".

Outside of our little world, you also have Warships | Paper Shipwright whose model of the CSS Virginia/ USS Merrimack is unbeatable. They also have a free download section as well!

But Yale is right, you may find yourself building things you never could have imagined once you get started! Such as Sponge BoB square Pants or a wood burning stove model. Just because! And i have a small ME-109 collection now and I was completely unaware that I even liked aircraft before I found paper modeling!

Please feel free to contact me when ever you like if I may help you with ironclads!
And drive carefully!

CT
Old 06-11-2012, 12:22 AM

Total Downloaded: 83.93 MB
You might also check out Modeling Resource and Downloads a source of some good free ACW ironclads and soon to be more.

Hope you enjoy,

fishBait
Old 06-11-2012, 06:14 AM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
Oh yes! MMs great models rescued from the internet never land. Fish Bait, great site I just book Marked it. For some reason, I missed it before. And Bruce, These models are in large part what has inspired me to design. Same basic structure style and same basic look. When something works, why fix it!

CT
Old 06-11-2012, 09:14 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Welcome, Bruce,
We're all crazy here but try hard to appear sane so they'll let us keep our scissors and exacto knives.
You won't find a better, more helpful group on the net.
BTW, don't be afraid to post pics of all your work on the forum. I promise we won't laugh. You should see some of my stuff!
Lep