PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Welcome Desk

Old 06-20-2012, 05:12 PM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
Modellers from Albuquerque, NM?

A friend of mine is opening a HobbyTown USA in Albuquerque, and was wondering
about carrying some paper kits. My question is, how many folks
are from Albuquerque that might be interested in this type of stock in his store?

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Google Adsense
Old 06-20-2012, 05:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 248.80 MB
I showed some pics to a manager at my local HobbyTown and he said he was interested in stocking some too...he had no idea there was such a big group into card modeling.I gave him the web site here but not seen him on so maybe i need to go back by there. Maybe not enough profit in card models to jump in?.....Rich
Old 06-20-2012, 05:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 29.49 MB
I'm originally from the Duke City, and I have several family members that still live there, have seen my card models and have asked where to buy them... I send them to FG and ecardmodels, but some people like to hold their purchase in their hands before dishing out the greenbacks....

I'd tell them that they could now head over to HobbyTown and check them out for themselves......

I'm not driving to Albuquerque to buy card models, so don't count on me directly;-)

SFX
Old 06-30-2012, 02:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
I know there's a IPMS chapter there and a very active model car group, but don't know if they'd be interested in papermodels. Have to agree with Swampfox, Albuquerque is a bit far for a day trip from Phoenix area.
Old 06-30-2012, 06:51 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 112.72 MB
I think SFX has a key point - I think your friend will need some nicely done completed card models on display if he's going to stock card model kits. The usual "very nice model - it's paper!?" should be followed by a rapid sale when the customer sees a price that's a fraction of a plastic kit (much less the various tools and paints needed to complete a plastic kit).
Yogi
Google Adsense
Old 06-30-2012, 07:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 1,012.17 MB
I would have loved to see paper models in the Duke City when I lived in Santa Fe. We made regular trips up and down I-25 back then. Now we have a HobbyTown located about five minutes away right here in Beer City USA. Maybe I should offer a couple of models for display in his shop,....mmmmmm.

Curt
Old 06-30-2012, 07:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 474.31 MB
Just wondering whether your friend might also consider using mail order for some of his sales...I know there is a dearth of US based hobby shops which offer paper models, and I for one would love to order kits locally without having to pay what is often times excessive international postage charges. I know it's not the fault of the vendor, but getting model kits locally, i.e., from the U.S. would be more cost effective, I think. And if he has a webpage that would increase his potential customer base quite significantly, I would think. Just some food for thought.

Cheers!
Jim