PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Welcome Desk

Old 08-01-2012, 09:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 104.30 MB
Hello from DFW Texas

Howdy all! I'm new to this hobby. Built three NASA spacecraft and have started to get interested in sci-fi models as well. I'm an avid amateur astronomer and an officer in the local astronomy club. I tried to join the Zealot Hobby forum but said the wrong thing on my first post and then got banned and didn't even know what I did wrong, so I'm a little gun shy here. Shame too, I was looking forward to trying out some of the download accesses that forum apparently had exclusice rigths to. :( Please be gentle with me. I never mean to break the rules and am a newbie to this hobby so I will probably have lots of questions from you seasoned elites! I will learn the rules and abide by them, just give me a chance. Hope to learn a lot as I get more into this.
Google Adsense
Old 08-01-2012, 11:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Welcome to the site!

All to easy to get banned on the Z. Several others have found a fine refuge here!

Mike
Old 08-02-2012, 08:49 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.24 GB
Dear Kirch:
I grew up in Hurst, Texas low these many years ago. Ask Questions many of us have been new to the hobby at one time. If you don't know there are no dumb questions.
Welcome,
MILES
Old 08-02-2012, 02:57 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 112.72 MB
Welcome aboard! We've got quite a few space probes and satellite telescopes to add to your collection. Try the Lower Hudson Valley Challenger Center as well ( The Lower Hudson Valley Paper Model E-Gift Shop ) and our links section.

Yogi
Old 08-02-2012, 07:03 PM

Total Downloaded: 248.80 MB
Welcome...fellow DFW'er what part you from? Glad your here and not at "Z"!!
I second what Yogi said LHV is THE best rocket site!! and all FREE..check it out!!
I'm also into astronomy tho it's been a while that I'v been out using my scope.....Rich
Old 08-03-2012, 06:53 AM

Total Downloaded: 104.30 MB
Thanks all. I have actually started on a mod for the Juno Spacecraft created by John Jogerst. The original published model has no real detail on the bottom of the spacecraft, so I'm adding some based on images of the real thing, and some NASA animations that show the bottom of it pretty well. There are also some errors & omissions on the paper model that aren't on the real thing as it was when it was launched so I have corrected those as well. I'm using MS Visio and as soon as I finish I'll post it here. This will be my first mod that I've posted anywhere. I did some modifications on the New Horizons spacecraft as well but think I will go back and redo the model in a larger scale and add some better 3D details that the published model doesn't have. This could be fun!
Old 08-03-2012, 07:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 25.92 MB
Welcome to the forum, Kirch!

And let those photos speak for themselves! We love building process photos here.

I also recommend you Mr. Alfonso Moreno's web site on everything Space Shuttle and all related to it (maybe you already know about it, but here it is anyway)>
Welcome to AXM Paper Space Scale Models

I hope you can have the opportunity to go to the Modeling event in Austin, October 6th. We have to make some noise in the paper arena!
ASMS Annual Show & Contest - Austin Scale Modeler's Society

I also recommend you to open a new thread with your building process on the PASA section of the forum (did I mention we love photos?):
http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/p...dministration/