PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Welcome Desk

Old 09-06-2012, 05:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
I'm only a few days into this hobby so I'm learning everything for the first time. I kinda can figure it out. We have a local dirt track here and I would like to try making some of the local cars from the ones you shared. I really appreciate you sharing those with me.
Old 09-06-2012, 06:12 PM

Thanx man! Are you putting the graphics on the cars with software, or are you hand-painting them?
Old 09-07-2012, 06:19 AM

Total Downloaded: 5.75 MB
Your cars look pretty cool and the stop motion race is a very fun idea. Nice to see stuff from a race car designer fellow!

Cami
Old 09-07-2012, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveybird View Post
Thanx man! Are you putting the graphics on the cars with software, or are you hand-painting them?
I will probably use Gimp to put them on the models. As time permits I will have to search on the internet for all of the sponsor logos.
Old 09-07-2012, 06:14 PM

Please PM me your cars, as I wanna see how they turned out. I just want the patterns, though. I make cars based on real dirt late models, and super stocks. I just clip the decals off the internet photos of cars and place them on the template. I usually have to do some drawing, reversing, and rearranging on the computer, since most of these cars only have the right side as a photo, which sucks, because some local dirt race cars have different sponsors on either side. With the more "big names" of dirt late model racing, like Don O'Neal, Brian Birkhofer, Chub Frank, Scott Bloomquist, Earl Pearson Jr, etc, photos of their cars from all angles are easier to find, but alas, either they have watermarks on them, or you have to print screen since you can't save the picture.

Sometime I might get a pit pass at Bloomington Speedway in Indiana, as I have family up there, and take high res photos of the super stocks from different angles. Man, I'm Black and know this much about dirt racing. Damn! The 2 reasons I even knew dirt oval racing besides sprint cars and midgets even existed: Moving to off-campus Bloomington, and the Internet.
Google Adsense