PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Welcome Desk

Old 09-12-2012, 08:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Why wouldn't there be a paper modeling forum

Hey all.
New here.
It never ceases to amaze me what type of forums there are out there on the WWW.
I have been modeling with paper for just a few years now. In my younger years I used to be quite the plastic model fan, like cars planes and a few boats. A few years ago I fell ill and needed something to fill my long and boring days and needed something to do with my hands. One can only read so much and something else was needed to fill my days. So I started to play around with some paper and tried to make some sort of origami things that I remembered doing as a child. Then one day I found some free printable paper models on a Canon web site and, well, things grew from there.
So, I am still ill and winter is coming and I thought I would look for some paper model plans to help keep me busy during the cold months ahead and a question came to me. I wonder if there are any paper modelling forums???
I sorta lol'd to myself and answered my own question....Of course there is! Why wouldn't there be a paper modelling forum, there is a forum for everything else I like or am involved with...lol.
So I did a quick search and fell upon this forum and was doing some reading and I thought I might learn some stuff (tips and tricks) here so I decided to sign up.
I don't know if I have anything to offer but ya never know.

Fab
Google Adsense
Old 09-12-2012, 08:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 248.80 MB
Well I'm glad you went looking....think you'll like it here. That Cannon site is one of my favorites, allways something cool there.....Rich
Old 09-12-2012, 08:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 42.66 MB
welcome abord fab. glad to meet you.just to let you know some of our back stories very close to yours including myself. so i think your right at home here

Old 09-12-2012, 08:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 314.05 MB
Welcome to the group. There's not much better (except possibly for hot chicken soup) to get one through the winder doldrums...especially if one is feeling crank. There's plenty to learn here, so pull up a chair and join in the festivities.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:55 AM

Total Downloaded: 198.27 MB
Fab,

Welcome to the Papermodelers Forum.
Hope that the papermodels help you to feel better.

Last year I was in a nursing home because my immune system attacked my nervous system.
I could not walk and my hands did not function well enough to build papermodels.

Thankfully, I have had approximately a 90% recovery, hands and feet are still partially numb.

But, I am able to make papermodels again and I became strong enough to take the 100 Lb Rottweiler for walks at Christmas time.
We walk every day and like most Rottweilers he requires a strong hand and a short leash.

Ken
Google Adsense
Old 09-13-2012, 08:22 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Thanks for the welcome.

Rott's Rule.

Fab
Old 09-13-2012, 10:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 7.83 MB
I hear you. Your story and mine are similar. I built my first paper model in 1980,81. I found an Alan Rose Titanic on sale at the bookstore. I thought that was pretty cool so I built it. Then I didn't touch paper again until I too fell "Ill" actually I had developed a strange and painful condition that prevcented me from sitting. So I was limited t brief periods on my feet and laying down. Then my story merges with yours. I look forward to visiting here several times a day as it keeps me focused on something positive. I seriously thought of doing away with myself in the beginning til I started modeling again. That was 8 years ago, now my office is filled with models and so is my grandson's room, This is me walking my dog and my grandson Ethan.
Attached Thumbnails
Why wouldn't there be a paper modeling forum-0725011023.jpg  
Old 09-13-2012, 12:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
You always get positive points for pics of grandkids and pets. Is that a white pit? I don't believe I have ever seen one before (and maybe not now), but almost looks like a negative image of my son's dog Lincoln, who is a black pit.

It is interesting how the human brain is wired. When you are down and don't feel like doing anything, the cure always seems to be Doing Something. Glad you are here and having fun.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:29 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 112.72 MB
Welcome aboard!

Yogi
Old 09-13-2012, 03:40 PM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Welcome to the board. Funny what you can stumble across when looking for something.
Google Adsense