PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Welcome Desk

Old 12-10-2012, 02:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Ok Phil, good to see you're doing well. So here we go:

63, expatriate Californian living in Glendale AZ (Phoenix area) and driving a Valley Metro transit bus after 20 plus years in graphics and pre-press work. Got 3 more years and hope to be back to the coast then.

Modeler (occasionally) in paper and plastic, non purist for both. Interested in land vehicles, especially 1890 to 1940 period. Attend a lot of antique tractor, car and truck shows were I shoot too many photos and some actually some come out half-way decent. Wayne Hulsey (whulsey)'s Photos Also get to some aircraft museums and shows: prefer civil aircraft, especially Golden Age. Buy too many books and subscribe to way too many magazines, so always behind on reading. Which means I don't get any time anymore to read the science fiction and Beat era stuff I grew up on. Listen to a lot of music--althought some people debate if some of the stuff I listen to is music--psychedelic and 60's blues and folk rock, 1st gen punk, ambient and just lots of odd things: Captain Beefheart, Zappa, Wild Man Fisher, Dr. Demento type stuff. Growing up in Oklahoma have a soft spot for traditional cowboy, country and Texas swing. Still try to find a bit of time to do painting and drawing, gotta' do something with that art degree.

Here's me at one of my favorite areas, San Simeon Beach in 2010; an old picture with Budd "The Kat from AMT" (for you old car modelers) hanging out at his apartment in Huntington Beach in about 1989; a Prismacolor drawing off a star flower; the old Aurora Aston Martin DB4 I'm trying to correct the body on; and a 1915 Aultman Taylor tractor from the California Agriculture Museum in Tulare.
Attached Thumbnails
Who are you?-wayne-20san-20simeon-20beach-208-23-2010-l.jpg   Who are you?-zwayne-20w-20budd-20the-20kat-l.jpg   Who are you?-star-20flowers-l.jpg   Who are you?-am-20db4-202012-01-13-l.jpg   Who are you?-aultman-20taylor-201915-2030-60-20ft-20lf-l.jpg  

Old 12-10-2012, 07:15 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
I'm still me... Glad to see YOU alive and Kicking my friend
Old 12-10-2012, 11:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
What a great thread! My turn!

My name's Jeremiah and that's me on the left. I'm 36 and a jet captain at United Express Airlines. I've been flying pretty much my whole life, and I used to play the violin professionally. (and still play an hour or two a day, when I'm home ) I live in downtown Chicago and work more than most can possibly imagine, as I'm gone from home about 250 days a year. My passions center primarily on (other than flying) the violin, paper modeling, B films, & whiskey. I like to run, and I speak Russian. This forum is my favorite internet layover, by far!

Old 12-11-2012, 04:13 AM

Total Downloaded: 313.47 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to murphyaa Send a message via Skype™ to murphyaa
Most people here know my travails

37(ish) single guy who until 3 months ago was unemployed in Arizona and designing 3 new Oddball models a week.

Now I drive a truck over-the-road, so I could be in your hometown at any moment (Currently I'm in Wichita, Kansas) and trying to find time to design.

Current pictures are of me, me driving, and my truck (model to come soon as I find the time)

Who are you?-img_0118.jpgWho are you?-img_0119.jpgWho are you?-img_0135.jpg

Truck afficianados might notice that the truck in the first two pictures is different than the last picture. My first truck was a 2010 International Prostar with 500,000 miles on it. I just recently got a new 2013 Freightliner Cascadia with 800 miles on it, so life is good.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:21 AM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
I'll bite. I'm 61, married to the same woman since 1973 (40th anniversary coming up this June). We live in New York State, and have 2 grown daughters. We've been empty nesters for 2 and a half years now. I've been with the same company for over 35 years and am giving serious consideration to retiring in 2013. In my younger days I worked as a ceramic tile setter, and later as a journeyman printer, running a linotype machine also hand composition, using the California case. I've always been a hobbyist, and prior to paper modeling I spent 20+ years painting and sculpting military miniatures. Most for fun, some on commision.

On to the pics. The first is a very recent photo of me with my older daughter taken at her BFF's 30th birthday party. Our first child, she was adopted from Korea and was only 4 and a half months old when she arrived in the USA. What a day that was! My wife and I also have a home grown daughter (best thing we ever made). She is married, and lives in the great state of Alabama. The others are of a few of my miniatures that just happened to already be in my Photobucket account.
Attached Thumbnails
Who are you?-menjul.jpg   Who are you?-scissor.jpg   Who are you?-maroboduus.jpg   Who are you?-galloglas.jpg   Who are you?-simondemontfort.jpg  

Who are you?-hoplo1.jpg   Who are you?-hoplo3.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 12-11-2012, 08:19 AM

Total Downloaded: 78.28 MB
I’m relatively new to paper modeling and have found it to be very challenging. I’m 70, retired from educational administration but continue to teach one engineering course a semester just for fun.
I do some wood carving, primarily Santas, and some wooden ship modeling which means I have either wood chips or paper chips all over the house… although wife is very indulgent. In the good weather, I play some Bocce.
The photo was taken on the Allegheny river and I’m standing on the deck of a replica of the Pinta that happened to visit Pittsburgh.

Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Who are you?-dscn0933.jpg  
Old 12-11-2012, 08:35 AM

Here is a picture of my wife and me on our honeymoon in January 2012 at the Tulum Mayan ruins near Cancun. I am 50, just had my one year anniversary, work for Starbucks and live in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. I love building models - I have done plastic, wooden ship models, of course paper as well as painting small figures (Warhammer), cross stitch, stamp collecting, comic collecting, paper model collecting (I like to collect things....). Years ago I served in the US Peace Corps in Kenya.
Attached Thumbnails
Who are you?-p1000310.jpg  
Old 12-11-2012, 09:51 AM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
I am CT Ertz, ship model designer and time traveler!

But in real life a am just recovering from cancer and just now trying to find employment in the Machine tool world or manufacturing. My wife and I have five kids with a baby grandchild on the way (Go Amber!) My wife is a published author and does data entry when not laying down the house hold law.

I design American Civil War era ship models to scratch that history itch, and do not build models as much as I would like. i have 1000 models of all kinds stored on hard drives. My wife prefers this kind of hording as it takes up less space. I will be 42 in March.

CT

(ETA) The picture is accurate though I now sometimes way my mustache and my waist line is keeping up with my age!!
Old 12-11-2012, 10:25 AM

Smile Feels like family :)

I must say, thank you for your replies thus far. This thread has become incredibly wonderful to me, Thank You.

It would seem redundant now to address each of the first several repliers individually but please know that I did mention your name, and I do keep you in my heart as my new best friends as well as any future posters...

Greetings Don, as always my friend, your life never ceases to amaze me. You are one of the most balanced and complete people I have ever met.

Hello Omar, nice to meet you. People who study military are anything but little my friend.

WAYNE! Nice to see you buddy! I really like your pic by the beach.
Certainly looks California made! We have so many things in common!

Hi Peter, thanx for stopping by!

Jeremiah, very nice to meet you. Certainly a fun job you have!

Hello Aaron, glad to hear your life is good now!

Well Don, happy almost 40th!!!
Have not been to your state since I was a young child but I did like it.
Love your miniatures too!

Hi Mike, nice to meet you also. Another gentleman with whom I have much in common. I do wood engraving and carving and cutting and splitting and...
Yep, always sawdust and paper chips on our floor too!
Played Bocce ball last month!

Chris, dude! Are all my TRUE brothers here? Florida, wooden ships, comics, paper models...and I did not serve in the Peace Corps but HOW COOL IS THAT?

Ct Ertz, thanks for stopping by...I love every one of your models!!!
Haven't built any, but love 'em.

Old 12-11-2012, 11:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 76.03 MB
Well, I am me! Anywho, My name is Brett and I am 30 years old. I live near Omaha, Nebraska USA. I am a middle school science teacher and work at the Strategic Air and Space Museum on the side in education (teach flight/space/science camps and give tours).

The photos are pretty cool.
Pic 1: Me at the Russian Army Artillery Museum in St. Petersburg (went there this past summer on a cruise.
Pic 2: My wife and son in Copenhagen (again, on the cruise)
Pic 3: The view that greets you at the museum... hehehehe
Pic 4: More heavy artillery, just because.
Attached Thumbnails
Who are you?-img_1658.jpg   Who are you?-img_1128.jpg   Who are you?-img_2213.jpg   Who are you?-img_1554.jpg  
Google Adsense