PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Welcome Desk

Old 01-29-2014, 05:59 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Because of his avatar? :D ^^ And Piginapoke I know you from SkyscraperCity man.
Old 01-29-2014, 06:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 417.89 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyscrapers144 View Post
Because of his avatar? :D ^^ And Piginapoke I know you from SkyscraperCity man.
That's the singer Kate Bush in my avatar. Yep, it's me from skyscrapercity. Nice to meet you again.
Old 01-29-2014, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyscrapers144 View Post
I would love to post my models and make my thread but where exactly do I do that?
There are actually several ways to do that...
You could go to forum/card models/model builds and click architecture then you will see a button that says "new thread" near the top on the left. Then add pictures from the "manage attachments" button half way down the page on a new thread, or add a link to an image from your website or an image hosting site.

Or you could go to forum/designers corner and post a thread there...

Or you could ask Rickstef to add a subforum with your user name and it will become Skyscrapers144's Projects.

Let us know if you need further help...

And...Welcome!

Old 01-30-2014, 09:38 AM

Total Downloaded: 9.67 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to Cardstock Dane
Had the chance to explore this forum more thoroughly today - and I must say, I am VERY impressed. Especially by the staggering number of aviation fans here, and the even more staggering quality of the models you make. I didn't even know it was possible to make paper models of planes looking so real!

My hat is off, ladies and gentlemen.
Old 11-22-2018, 05:48 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Monticello56 Send a message via Skype™ to Monticello56
I think? friendship is a very powerfull word!
Google Adsense
Old 11-23-2018, 05:13 AM

Total Downloaded: 20.52 MB
I thought I got my photo posted - Don't see any so I guess I missed this thread as well

I'm from South Africa 57 years old - will turn 58 in Feb - I'm still married (33 Years)
Hobby's - Rock & Surf angling - at work I'm play with paper models specially
when I'm on night shift and it's very bored ( Work at a power station as an operator - now for 36 Years
I do have 2 kids both grown ups - My daughter 31 is still unmarried
my son is married and I have one grand child (Girl)(3 years old)
Attached Thumbnails
Who are you?-ek-amber.jpg   Who are you?-amber-sept-2018.jpg  
Old 11-23-2018, 01:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 6.21 GB
Here ya go:

Two days ago, Wednesday, I completed 80 years bouncing around on this earth.

Retired General Aviation flight and ground instructor, also licensed as an A&P Mechanic.

Joined the Army right after graduating high school: schooled as a fixed wing and helicopter mechanic. Served as an Army air traffic controller in korea and finished off my enlistment at Fort Eustis , Virginia. Then worked for Kaman in Connecticut as an experimental flight test mechanic .

For over 35 years I have been a volunteer driver to and from the B-17 Combat Crew Members & Wingmen’s organization (B-17 CC&W) meetings.

In the 1970s Served as a pylon Judge and Air Race timer for the Professional Race Plots Association.

Worked as an art department and photo lab supervisor 17 years for a medium sized aerospace company.

Served as supervisor -tech writing flight operations and as a 747 senior systems instructor B-747 for the Flying Tiger Line.

I am a member of the American Society of Aviation Artists...no biggie...just a member. Through this organization during the holidays I have created and donated artwork for Military Enlisted family member fund raisers.

I am addicted to paper modeling but still assist the Orange County California IPMS Newsletter editor and the website manager by providing photo coverage of their competition meetings.

While happily cutting paper parts I listen to late night radio, mood music, smooth guitar...rather than today's sounds of a direct hit on a guitar factory. Mainly Listen to classic music but turn it off when the opera singers belt out.

Married (36 years) one of my flight students; Patti ; she is now retired from US Air where she flew as a pilot internationally.

This should be more than enough,

BP
Attached Thumbnails
Who are you?-11-21-18-jpg.png   Who are you?-3.jpg   Who are you?-bennett-final-jpg.jpg  
Old 11-23-2018, 07:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 322.93 MB
Ok,I'll play.

46,divorced.Jack of all trades,master of none but mostly welder and destroyer/repair guy of various machines they pay me to work on.Very rusted metalhead from Venom and King Diamond ,Bathory generation.I lost rest of my hearing some 7 years ago and have been deaf since.Had cochlear implant hearing aid installed a year ago and still testing its limits.Paper modelling is what got me into building/fixing stuff and metalwork/welding in particular.
Attached Thumbnails
Who are you?-img_20180627_121753997.jpg  
Old 11-24-2018, 07:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 591.28 MB
55 yrs old
Married 27 yrs
4 kids
Disabled
Modeling to keep brain active and fingers nimble
Old 11-24-2018, 09:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 788.17 MB
A little about me...

Im Jonathan. Im 25 now from the USA and somehow stumbled upon Fiddlersgreen models when I was around 15 or so and have been hooked ever since. Always been fascinated with all things aviation and enjoy working with my hands which results in me enjoying plastic and paper models alike. I personally greatly appreciate the many free works from the contributors of this hobby as I am a big believer in good compensation for such artwork from any genre.

I have been blessed with the wonderful fortune of getting to fly for a living flying a twin turboprop for a small commuter airline in the US. That blessing was further improved when I married my lovely wife who has the same profession. To put this in perspective, my wife likes pictures of cows. I happen to have a large picture of a concorde flightdeck. I asked if she would like me to take down the concorde picture to make room for a new picture. Her response: “Jonathan, we are not taking the concorde down for a cow”. Definitly the right girl for me!

My other hobbies include fishing, motorcycles, chess, and doing all prementioned with my bride
I have greatly enjoyed being a part of this community and look forward to much more joy. best wishes to all
Attached Thumbnails
Who are you?-c9c9620b-b3ee-433f-8663-864d8069efdd.jpg  
Google Adsense