Post Stephen

Hi there! I would like to try out paper modeling. It sounds like an interesting
hobby!
Google Adsense
Old 02-20-2009, 01:26 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to treadhead1952
Hi Stephen,

Welcome to the forums. You can find several sites that feature downloadable models for free. Just read through the threads here and you will pick up places to go check out as well as a ton of excellent tips, tricks and lots of great models being built. Find one that interests you, download it, print it out and get to cuttin'. Looking forward to seeing your results.

Jay Massey
treadhead1952
Las Vegas, NV
Old 02-20-2009, 02:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 587.2 KB
Are you guys related? :D
Old 02-20-2009, 02:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
Hello Stephen,

Warning, this stuff is addictive! I am Trying out some of the free models, and I have purchased some from Fiddlers Green and from ecardmodels.com that I have not made yet. The ME-109 I got free from Fiddlers green came out looking great, was a large enough scale to go together easy for a beginner like me, and convinced me to buy more! I have some 1:72 scale models from the down load section on this site that I am having fun with, and for boats I purchased Dragos Monitor from ecardmodels.com, and plan on doing it soon. Like I said, addictive! Have fun and be sure to post pictures. Don't be shy with your work, as it can not be any more crude then mine! The pics are some of the free models I have had the plasure of working on.
Attached Thumbnails
Stephen-italy-1.jpg   Stephen-v-108pic1.jpg   Stephen-boats.jpg  
Old 02-20-2009, 03:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to treadhead1952
No, not that I know of, but since he is another "Massey" with a bent for card modeling, I figured a welcome and a bit of encouragement couldn't hurt.

Stephen, since I am of a nautical nature, you might visit the Digital Navy site, the owner, Roman Detyna has a number of very nice ship models available free to download, while a couple of them are pretty complex and not suited to beginners, he does have others that may take a beginner on a well charted course to card modeling.

Home

If science fiction floats your boat, you could take a look here for several different space craft designs that are freebies as well.

Science Fiction Free Paper Models at ss42.com

Another good place for some freebies is here, a few different things that you might find interesting.

paperinside.com - FREE Paper Models Blog Archive F-109 Vampire and Kilrath Jrathek

Jay Massey
treadhead1952
Las Vegas, NV
Google Adsense
Old 02-20-2009, 08:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 587.2 KB
I don't think it is that often to have two people with the same last name, in the same place and talking about the same thing

Stephen,
Welcome to the hobby. There is plenty of free models of various complexity to get you started - just let us know what your interests are and somebody will be always happy to point you in the right direction.
Old 02-20-2009, 11:01 PM

Location: Northern Bear Flag Republic (Known as Water World in L.A.)
Total Downloaded: 11.99 MB
All We Need Is...,

Now do we have a Ferguson? Then we'd have Massey - Ferguson of course...,

Sorry, just had to go and step in it...,

+Gil