PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Welcome Desk

Old 03-11-2014, 08:26 PM

Total Downloaded: 499.03 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgtaylorart View Post
Thanks everyone for the kind words! I really had a blast creating models for Paper Creek, and I would have loved to create more. There were many on the drawing board in different stages of development. I was fortunate enough to work with some excellent laser cutters that could register even the finest detail all the way down to Z scale (1/220). The problem came after the business took off. I was so busy with the production, taking orders, and shipping, that I no longer had time to do the fun part- designing models!
I'm now researching a different business model based on the great work that companies like Clever Models and ECardModels have done. I want to offer my building kits and texture sheets of bricks, tarpaper etc. as a download only to be printed by the customer. This would mean the buildings would not be laser cut and the shingles would not be possible. But I also want to expand into other areas such as super detailed WW1 airplanes and early cars, trains, etc. that would feature realistic weathered textures.

If there is interest out there in downloadable PDF versions of my old and new kits please let me know. Any feedback and thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
George
Realistic buildings are always welcome, George! I'm a staff member of Ecardmodels.com; please feel free to me me or the owner, Chris Gutzmer, about selling through us!

Wyvern
Old 03-11-2014, 08:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 314.05 MB
I would be interested as well, especially if the kit price were kept down in my budgetary range. I've found that my thing in the model railroad world is building and not operations, so additional sources of downloadable kits are always appreciated here.
Old 03-11-2014, 09:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 210.47 MB
George.

You would be surprised at how small and how many parts some of these models have David's Firefly build has 5400 parts just in the track links so having to cut individual shingles would not be a big issue. I would suggest having the ability to build a simple version as well as a complex version.

Give some thought to false front European buildings and street scenes that could be printed in 1/50, 1/35, 1/25 scales for armor models. Both plastic and paper modelers would use these to display their models to give them a scale reference.

I am looking forward to seeing your models soon.

Jim Nunn

As an after thought If you would like to meet some other paper modelers several of us attend the Orange County IPMS club on the 3rd Friday of the month. Information is Here for the club.
Old 03-12-2014, 03:23 AM

Total Downloaded: 44.75 MB
Jim,

I'd love to come to your club meeting, thanks for the invite.

-George
Old 03-12-2014, 04:02 AM

Wow Jim, (insert expletive here)!! I just checked out the link you sent for David's Firefly model. Either I'm really lazy or he's really obsessive, but I assume it's a bit of both. To date, most of my models have been glorified cubes with the photoshop texturing doing the work to sell the detail. I have a lot to learn to get anywhere near the complexity of form these models show. But that's why I'm here, to learn from the best.

- George
Google Adsense
Old 03-12-2014, 04:14 AM

Wyvern,

I bought several very nice kits through your site. It's still premature since I'm experimenting with new types of models and techniques, but when I'm ready I'll definitely contact you at ECardModels.

Thanks,
George
Old 03-12-2014, 11:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 210.47 MB
George,
Calling your models
Quote:
most of my models have been glorified cubes with the photoshop texturing doing the work to sell the detail.
is in my humble opinion near blasphemy, They are just wonderful.

One of the posters to your thread "DTO" David T. Okamura took first place in paper models at a IPMS Nationals contest reread his comments.

Yes! please come to our meeting. this is the top modeling club in Southern California. Tell the treasurer that you are a first time visitor and the meeting dues are on us and please bring some examples of your models. Any one else out there you are welcome as well.

Jim Nunn
Old 06-29-2014, 12:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
I would like to add my praise for your wonderful creations. I work in N scale, and would be so grateful if your painted siding sheets were available either for sale or for download. They are so much better than anything I have seen.
Old 06-30-2014, 11:24 PM

Location: Ripon, WI, 20 mi from Oshkosh - center of the Aviation Universe
Total Downloaded: 1.51 GB
Thumbs up

Quote:
If there is interest out there in downloadable PDF versions of my old and new kits please let me know. Any feedback and thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
George,
It would be great to have you back designing kits again! Downloadable PDFs would be just fine, whether you set up your own e-store or post them through e-cardmodels.com.

I look forward to seeing and building more of your work!
--David
Old 12-22-2014, 03:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 28.46 MB
Great to see Randsburg available again. looking forward to building it. I too would like to talk to you about distributing your models should you choose to return to a commercial existence. After 10 years we have built a nice community who would love to enjoy your artistry.
Google Adsense