PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Welcome Desk

Old 12-25-2014, 02:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 44.75 MB
Clevermod01,
You guys have a very nice line of kits. I love to see how far you've gone with the paper kits for model railroading. When I designed my first kit, the Barbershop, my local hobby shop wasn't interested. They said no one would buy a paper model. Boy were they wrong! Soon after I started selling online, customers came in requesting our products and the hobby shop called to stock our kits. As you know very well, if you do it right they will sell.

Thank you very much for your offer, I appreciate it very much. We are finally ready to rise from the dead. We are working on new kits and expanding our direction into other areas. We should have a new website up in the coming year. I'm taking my time though, because I want to do it right.
Old 12-26-2014, 02:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 28.46 MB
Our first models

My background is also 3d for broadcast and games. I had no clue about the paper community. a programmer i knew showed me some unwrapping software he wrote and i started to get an idea that building a railroad out of paper would be a great way to take a break fro staring at my monitor all day. Trains were not what i intended to do. I was into game terrains and environments. I still have hundreds of unreleased gamer models and fantasy stuff.

When i first thought about the possibility of making a commercial go of it I had a very similar experience. took a couple of built kits to a shop and got a straight forward "know body wants a paper model" Back then we were printing and bagging individual kits and like you, after a couple years i was spending all my time filling orders rather then designing. That what pushed us to the digital and download model. initially we pissed off a lot of people but new customers embraced it and i got back to designing. We now have 14 DVD's.
Of course theres a lot more to it then that as you know.

Wile trains have been good to us,I'm hoping to release some steam punk and game pieces this year. Id love cross market or co-design something some time.

What i really want to say is welcome back to the fold. Looking forward to more Great paper models.

Thom Miecznikowski
Clever models llc
Old 12-28-2014, 11:01 AM

Total Downloaded: 19.34 MB
Hello George, I for one would like to see the Paper Creek models re issued as PDF downloads, I interest in 1/87 scale. Thanks
Old 10-19-2016, 11:46 AM

Total Downloaded: 18.60 MB
George, I would be very interested indeed. I have build some of your kits and am working on new ones with some of your texture sheets I still have, Your texture sheets were really very good.

Philippe
Old 10-19-2016, 02:34 PM

Location: Ripon, WI, 20 mi from Oshkosh - center of the Aviation Universe
Total Downloaded: 1.51 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgtaylorart View Post
If there is interest out there in downloadable PDF versions of my old and new kits please let me know. Any feedback and thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
George
Are you kidding? Certainly! Positively! Absolutely! YES!!

I've had lots of fun kitbashing the excellent Reedsburg Barbershop (downloaded version) into all sorts of dilapidated structures. I would love to see more of your work available for download.

--David
Google Adsense
Old 12-08-2016, 05:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 9.67 MB
I would surely be interested in hosting your excellent work. Please contact me if we can work something out (private message or e-mail info(at)carendt.com)
Old 05-09-2017, 04:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 15.61 MB
I thought I'd ping this thread to see if Paper Creek is still out there!!?

I saw an ad for their kits in an old issue of Narrow Gauge and Shortline Gazette.

russ...
Old 01-16-2020, 07:07 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Greetings.

I hope by replying to this thread on my first post I’m not upsetting the forum time space continuum.

I recently finished building the O Scale Paper Creek babes shop and I had a blast doing so. I think I picked it ups at a train show for $10 years ago.

I’m glad I found this place from a referral on the face book lol.

I’ve attached a quick snap of my finished model.

Jaime
Attached Thumbnails
Hello from (former) Paper Creek Model Works-87855ece-c7aa-4958-884c-2e2dc224ce5c.jpg  
Old 01-17-2020, 07:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 499.03 MB
Great build!

Wyvern
Old 01-18-2020, 06:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
Great build!

Wyvern
Thank you.

Jaime