PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Welcome Desk

Old 08-21-2014, 04:13 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
The next one in 2005 was the Frigate „Braunschweig“ (Moewe Verlag, Germany) of the „Bundesmarine“, the former German navy of West Germany. I refitted the model some time ago with laser railings, but the pictures show the „Braunschweig“ still without laser parts.

The „Braunschweig“ was built in 1962 and decommissioned in 1989. She was handed over to the Turkish Navy, where she was in operation for some further years.

The third picture shows the „Braunschweig“ at full speed in the North Sea – that was a photomontage with Photoshop, where I placed my card model form picture 2 into the „real world“.
Attached Thumbnails
A new one from Germany-bs_p4b.jpg   A new one from Germany-bs_p6.jpg   A new one from Germany-bs_montage1b.jpg  
Old 08-21-2014, 04:15 AM

The first model, which I fitted with laser cut railings, was the river monitor „Rhein“ of the Imperial German Navy. The model was a free download from Papershipwright.

The „Rhein“ and the „Mosel“, her sister ship, were taken into service in 1874. Both ill constructed monitors became soon obsolete and were sold in 1884.
Attached Thumbnails
A new one from Germany-mosel_bb_v_w.jpg   A new one from Germany-mosel_bb_a_w.jpg  
Old 08-21-2014, 04:18 AM

And the last one for today is the torpedo boat “B 98” of the Imperial German Navy (HMV-Verlag, Germany).

The construction of that torpedo boat (should be better called “destroyer”) “B 98” started in 1914 in Germany for the Russian Navy. The boat was confiscated, when WW One broke out, and was finished for the German Navy. Taken into service in 1915, “B 98” fought until the end of the war and was scuttled in Scapa Flow on 21 June, 1919, by her crew.

Here I tried again a photomontage with that model.

To be continued...

Hagen
Attached Thumbnails
A new one from Germany-b98_b.jpg   A new one from Germany-b98_mont_alt1.jpg  
Old 08-21-2014, 08:58 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Outstanding work, sir. I really appreciate the history of the ships and other military equipment on this forum. Thanks for sharing
Old 08-21-2014, 08:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 31.99 MB
Hi old chum,interesting to see some of your old builds again!
Old 08-21-2014, 09:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by hagen von tronje View Post
@Peter Taft
Thanks, Peter! Yes, I'm sure, I will....

@Herky
Yes, you’re right – there are a lot of HMV-models amongst my kits (many haven’t been built yet), but I build models from other publishers, too, e.g. Moewe-Verlag or MDK-Verlag (both not as detailed as HMV, but some ships which you don’t find elsewhere) or Passat-Verlag (high-class kits) and other smaller publishers.
same with me and i also like scaldis veritas
Old 08-21-2014, 09:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by hagen von tronje View Post
The next one in 2005 was the Frigate „Braunschweig“ (Moewe Verlag, Germany) of the „Bundesmarine“, the former German navy of West Germany. I refitted the model some time ago with laser railings, but the pictures show the „Braunschweig“ still without laser parts.

The „Braunschweig“ was built in 1962 and decommissioned in 1989. She was handed over to the Turkish Navy, where she was in operation for some further years.

The third picture shows the „Braunschweig“ at full speed in the North Sea – that was a photomontage with Photoshop, where I placed my card model form picture 2 into the „real world“.
i havev model along with the bremen and the lutjens in my to make pile
Old 08-22-2014, 04:36 AM

@Vermin_king
Thank you! Well, I like to know about the historical facts concerning my models and some background knowledge.

@Royaloakmin
Hi Fred! Happy to meet you here, too!
Hope it isn't too boring for you to see them again...

@Herky
The "Luetjens" is on my schedule, too - maybe in 2016, because I prefer to build according to a kind of timetable: One year warships of the "Imperial German Navy", the next year "Kriegsmarine", then "Bundesmarine (former West Germany)" and the fourth year "Volksmarine (former East Germany)"; in between some civil ships, planes or lighthouses.

Greetings
Hagen
Old 08-22-2014, 09:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.02 GB
Welcome to the forum. Very good models. I still prefer the luscious lines of the Hipper and Prinz Eugen though. Too bad both were sunk. My father got to see the Prinz Eugen before it was sent to the Bikini Atoll for hydrogen bomb tests.
Old 08-23-2014, 11:37 AM

Thanks! Well, I like the lines of the German heavy cruisers Bluecher, Hipper and Prinz Eugen, too. I built the Hipper from the very old Moewe Kit - the result will be shown soon.

Hagen
Google Adsense