PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Welcome Desk

Old 10-24-2014, 04:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 42.79 MB
Hi everyone

Hi... just saying hello as per the rules. Looking forward to trying to make some of the things I've seen some of you guys doing. In particular the Battletech Mechs. I've been playing mechwarrior since the 80's, played some of the RPG, own every single novel in the original Battletech series and have scratch built several mechs out of clay just for fun. Seems like I got my son hooked too, so I thought I'd try some paper modeling with him to start and work our way to even harder stuff later.
Google Adsense
Old 10-24-2014, 05:21 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Smile

This is Paper Modelers Dot Com. You are most welcome here. Enjoy our site, and have fun {you will}
Old 10-24-2014, 05:46 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
Hi there! Welcome to the site. Thanks for joining. Explore the forum, ask questions and enjoy yourself. Two subforums that should be of help to you are First Cuts - A Lounge and Tips and Tricks. A good web site with good beginner models is Free Paper Toys, Paper Models and Paper Crafts at ss42.com
We're glad you're here. Welcome aboard.
Old 10-25-2014, 06:22 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Welcome to the site.
Old 10-25-2014, 08:35 AM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
Welcome, jettech. I'm a Battletech fan myself - just the books and card models, never played the tabletop or computer games - on my bucket list though. There are some very nice mech models for free download on this forum. The now defunct Mechwarrior 3 online community site was the clearing house for mech card models - there's around a hundred of them, and if you count all the various skins that are available for the different clans, houses, and mercs there are probably thousands of possiblities. Most of the mech models are PDOs, so you'll have to download the free Pepakura reader in order to open the files. All the models are still out there in storage somewhere. I'm hoping that someone else will host them soon, or at least publish the links for the various designer's models - many of them are on 4shared, etc. I have an extensive collection of mech files, so if you're looking for something you can't find on line, PM me.
Google Adsense
Old 10-27-2014, 12:10 AM

Total Downloaded: 42.79 MB
Thank you guys. Nice to know there are great options here. I've already been looking around and have been amazed at the variety of things available. I also have fallen in love with some of the planes available. Rockpaperscissor, thanks a ton bud. I will let you know if I can't find something. Right now I'm just looking for the novacat and zeus models... those seem to be what my son wants to try first.