PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Welcome Desk

Old 12-02-2014, 12:48 PM

Total Downloaded: 84.51 MB
Hello from Dallas, Texas!

Hi, I'm Tom, a long-time avid modeller and figure collector. I started modelling with 1/72 scale armor and figures and then 1/35 armor and figures as well as ships and aircraft but now I'm way into 1/6th action figure modelling and, as such, I use a lot of paper and mixed media models to provide props and diorama items for my figures. I'm exploring making large scale paper/card vehicles for my figures and because of this I'm excited to be here!
Google Adsense
Old 12-02-2014, 01:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Welcome to the site.
You might not find vehicle card models offered at the scale you want, but you can rescale them to fit whatever scale you need. Sometimes it takes a bit of planning, especially if you are enlarging the models because you will need to fit the parts on the size of cardstock you have available and are able to print on or get them printed on.
Old 12-02-2014, 01:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 316.45 MB
Welcome to the forum

Tim
Old 12-02-2014, 03:44 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
Hi Tom! Welcome to the site. Thanks for joining.
Feel free to explore the forum, ask questions and enjoy yourself.
Do you have pictures of your builds (paper, mixed media,
whatever) that you'd be willing to share? We love to see pics.
We're glad you're here. Welcome aboard.
Old 12-02-2014, 06:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 248.80 MB
Hey, glad to have you with us...........Rich
Old 12-02-2014, 06:21 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Smile

Hello and Welcome to the one and only Paper Modelers Dot Com Great to have you here. Enjoy our site and have fun {you will}
Old 12-03-2014, 07:00 AM

Many, many thanks for the warm welcome everyone =)

Yes, that's what I'm planning to do - scale up/scale down. From 1:100 planes for the game Angels 20 / Bandit's High (does anyone here play that?) to 1:6 vehicles (or cockpits/driver's interiors of vehicles) and props to actual models and dioramas - I'm really looking forward to it =)

I wonder if it's because when I was a kid, two things happened - well, three. First, back where I came from in the Philippines, they were selling books on paper-craft modelling that were based on the old Micromodels paper models and I got one on ships (Roman Merchantman, Spanish Galleon, the Elizabethian HMS Ark Royal, a pirate felucca and the steamship Clermont), another on trains and one last that was Windsor Castle. Then for my birthday I got my then best friend a book of papercraft battleships - I remember it had HMS Hood in it. And after I gave it to him I realized that I wanted it for myself. Should have gotten two copies. I think it's that feeling of having lost something you really wanted that spurs one on (especially from childhood) to achieve and discover and find things.

Finally, in High School, I bought a really amazing book from a friend - sadly it's with all my stuff in the Philippines and who knows what's happened to it now. They were scaled realistic paper model airplanes that could actually fly. There was a Gloster Gladiator, a Hawker Hurricane, a Me109, a A6M Zero, a B-52 and the B-2 Spirit. I remember I built the Hurricane and Gladiator but sadly they're probably long gone.

Anyways, it's because of this that I think I became first fascinated with paper models - that and if you build them out of old Cornflakes boxes it's sometimes cheaper than buying the same thing in plastic!
Old 12-03-2014, 07:24 AM

Here's something I've been working on recently. It's definitely not much compared to the amazing stuff y'all have been doing. These are sixth scale paper props for my Marvel characters.

Sixth Scale Props

Marvel's Loki eating Cheetos

By the way, moderators, please do let me know how to resize this pics if they're too large.

Many thanks!
Tom
Old 12-06-2014, 12:49 AM

Total Downloaded: 233.25 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to Inky
Welcome from Mineral Wells, TX., great to have you here.