PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Welcome Desk

Old 08-30-2016, 09:04 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Hello from Western Pa

Hello

I have been a reader of this forum for a while now and I thought it time to join so I may post and ask a few questions as I explore this hobby. I have had enough of on line games. I have been gathering materials and tools. I think it is the McGyver spirit that excites me. Seeing things crafted of card and sticks and bits of this and that. I will try to read through the content already here but, there is so much that I am sure I will ask about something that has already been answered. I apologize in advance.

Hezz
Google Adsense
Old 08-30-2016, 02:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 93.62 MB
Welcome aboard Hezz! To me, there is no need to apologize. This site is big, ain't it? Easy to get lost, but so much fun in doing so! So, ask away. Lots of people willing to help and encourage. Looking forward to what you put together. - George
Old 08-30-2016, 03:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 985.89 MB
Glad to have another convert. You will find that paper modeling has more depth and range of subject than wood or plastic modeling. In wood you have to be an artist, an engineer and a good builder to turn out a decent model. In plastic you have to be an artist and a good builder to do the same. In paper, all you have to do is work on your building skills. Everything else has been done for you by the designer! Now we are talking fun! Find a model you like and jump in the pool and then ask questions. These folks are not critics, but they will give you suggestions on how to improve on a model (if you ask). And it is not a one-way street. I have been building models since the 1950s and someone new to the trade will say something like, "I ran into a problem -------. Do you think this might fix it?" I slap my forehead and think, "why didn't I think about the 20 years ago." OK, I talked too long. Happy modeling!!
Old 08-30-2016, 04:20 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
Hi Jerry! Welcome to the forum. Thanks for joining. What type of models do you think interest you? Have you built any paper/card models yet? As to asking questions, fire away. Someone else probably wants to ask the same question. We're glad you're here. Welcome aboard!
Old 09-27-2016, 11:00 AM

Total Downloaded: 440.50 MB
Hi there! Welcome to the forum!
Google Adsense