PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Welcome Desk

Old 12-13-2016, 02:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.71 MB
Smile Hello from Finland

Hi all,

just found the world of paper modelling after doing a few simple star wars themed models for a kid.

Now slowly trying to build uhu02's Apollo13 LM-7 Aquarius lunar module. I'm a little overwhelmed with the model at times, but still having fun!

My set-up is a little incomplete as some equipment is still on the way from overseas: OLFA A3 cutter mat and different glues (3M Scotch Quick Drying Tacky Glue, Aleene's TURBO Tacky glue). Currently I am using Mont Marte PVA Craft glue which is working quite nicely.

Attached are few images where I am currently.
Attached Thumbnails
Hello from Finland-img_20161213_215453221s.jpg   Hello from Finland-img_20161213_215513245.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 12-13-2016, 07:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
For someone who 'just found the world of paper modelling', you are doing an excellent job.

Welcome
Old 12-13-2016, 10:59 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
Hi Dragoon! Welcome to the forum. Thanks for joining. I'll have to echo VK's comment; for someone that's just starting you do awfully good work. And may I add that UHU02's models are not for the faint of heart. You dove in at the deep end and are swimming quite well. Keep us posted with a build thread if you don't mind. I, for one, would like to tag along as you build. We're glad you're here. Welcome aboard!
Old 12-13-2016, 11:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
hiya from the other side of the world.spent a year in your great country in a little place called Kestilla,near oulu
Old 12-14-2016, 08:53 AM

Location: No longer living in NYC. Mooresville, NC is my home now.
Total Downloaded: 2.51 GB
Hello, and welcome. I must agree with the crowd, for someone that has just started in the paper kit world, your doing one heck of a job. Very nice indeed.
Please keep posting the build.
Google Adsense
Old 12-14-2016, 02:30 PM

Sure, I'll put up a build thread for the lunar module . Thank you all for the kind words.

I've also ordered Brewster B-239 Buffalo 1:33 (in finnish colors ofcourse ) which I hope to build possibly side by side with the lunar module.

Then maybe some day I'll do a warship of some sort. Also Uhu02's X-Wing is on the list and actually already printed out.

@Herky: Cool, I actually live in Oulu so...
Old 12-15-2016, 05:39 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
päivää dragoon, you're making a good model, not an easy one for a first.

I thought doing the b239 for one of my next build; this going to be something else but I probably going to add some finnish marking to it, will see.
The Brewster is not an easy one, even for halinski; really complex and precise kit to build, hope you got the all set, laser cut, canopy and gear too.
Old 12-15-2016, 07:37 AM

Yup, got also the laser cut parts and canopy .
Old 12-22-2016, 03:39 PM

Short update on my status. Today I received the Halinski Brewster B-239 Buffalo from the nice people at Free Time store in Ukraine along with the laser cut frames & canopy. I also ordered another B-239 from Tri krapki(?) as it was so cheap but it is clearly not in any way comparable to the Halinski one.

Paper modelling genre seems to be next to nonexistent in Finland, so getting good tools & glues seems quite hard. Or at least I'd have to hunt for comparable product from several places, so in the end it seems easier to order the stuff abroad. That means US, Japan, Ukraine, Germany, Spain and UK so far :D.

Sadly the last few days I've had no time to do any paper modelling and therefore I haven't started the build thread on the lunar module yet. I'll do that as soon as I have time to model again, hopefully next week!

I've ordered a can of Citadel Purity Seal varnish from Germany and it should arrive latest next week. I'll use that on the Brewster sheets before starting assembly, at least that seems like a sensible thing to do according to the forums.

The idea I have with the planes would be to accompany the Brewster with an Polikarpow I-16 (also from Halinski) and build sort of air diorama of Brewster shooting down the I-16 . I was also thinking about a Petlakow Pe-2 FT from Modelik for this purpose, maybe I'll get that one too.

Then one model I have been thinking to get is the Orlik GAZ-66 KShM R-142N. Many of the Russian trucks are cool!

All these along with the lunar module should keep me busy for years .
Old 12-22-2016, 08:48 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoon View Post
Short update on my status. Today I received the Halinski Brewster B-239 Buffalo from the nice people at Free Time store in Ukraine along with the laser cut frames & canopy. I also ordered another B-239 from Tri krapki(?) as it was so cheap but it is clearly not in any way comparable to the Halinski one.

Paper modelling genre seems to be next to nonexistent in Finland, so getting good tools & glues seems quite hard. Or at least I'd have to hunt for comparable product from several places, so in the end it seems easier to order the stuff abroad. That means US, Japan, Ukraine, Germany, Spain and UK so far :D.

Sadly the last few days I've had no time to do any paper modelling and therefore I haven't started the build thread on the lunar module yet. I'll do that as soon as I have time to model again, hopefully next week!

I've ordered a can of Citadel Purity Seal varnish from Germany and it should arrive latest next week. I'll use that on the Brewster sheets before starting assembly, at least that seems like a sensible thing to do according to the forums.

The idea I have with the planes would be to accompany the Brewster with an Polikarpow I-16 (also from Halinski) and build sort of air diorama of Brewster shooting down the I-16 . I was also thinking about a Petlakow Pe-2 FT from Modelik for this purpose, maybe I'll get that one too.

Then one model I have been thinking to get is the Orlik GAZ-66 KShM R-142N. Many of the Russian trucks are cool!

All these along with the lunar module should keep me busy for years .
in case you are interested in something finnish if you go to stalhart models he has a nice freebie f18 to practise on
Google Adsense