PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Welcome Desk

Old 02-19-2017, 10:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Hey, everybody!

I'm Rouseau, I do a little work here and there, and I'm finally making the time to post a bit after two months of being registered.
Lurking is a serious addiction, believe you me. I'm just lucky it's not a serious offense as well.

I spend most of my spare time building small things, usually in 28mm or 6mm scale, and I do tend to use paper (card stock) for most of those things. That being said, chances are you aren't going to like it. ("...aren't going to like making it" is more like it.) Most of my work is less the traditional box-glued-to-a-box style paper modelling and more the laminate-these-hundred-pieces-to-those-hundred-pieces style. I know it isn't for everyone but it works out fine for me. Plus, it's hard to argue mine isn't a paper model if it's literally a solid block of paper. haha

So... background?
I have a Bachelor's in graphic design and a Master's in digital filmmaking. I always took the "worst" electives based on principal and that's what brought me here... to this point in my life, I mean, not to this forum specifically. That's everything from Caribbean art history to feminist Hitchcock studies (no lie) and while I wouldn't dare to call all of it "useful" or even "influential," I would say that it was all at least interesting enough to... keep me interested, I suppose. I did finish, after all, and I never dropped any classes, much to my chagrin.

And that's where we are now plus a few years since graduation wasn't yesterday. I make things (mostly) out of paper and I throw quite a bit of it on YouTube. RouseauWorks is my handle there and I'm getting real close to 200 videos, the large majority of which are miniatures related. Animations are coming someday but models have to be built before they can be animated and I keep thinking of new things to build.

I'm sure we all know about what that's like, though.
Google Adsense
Old 02-20-2017, 09:44 AM

Location: No longer living in NYC. Mooresville, NC is my home now.
Total Downloaded: 2.51 GB
Hello and welcome. I went to YouTube and checked out a few of your videos. Very cool. Btw, I subscribed.
As you will see there are so many modes of modeling here, of course, paper, being the main ingredient.
Sit back and enjoy, no matter what you like to build.
Old 02-27-2017, 05:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Nice clips there, those will keep me busy for awhile. Watched the silicone and cornstarch casting one. Good tips.