PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Welcome Desk

Old 03-18-2017, 10:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 171.70 MB
Greetings from Massachusetts, USA!

Hello, everyone.

My name is Jonas Winfield and I've been living in MA for a few years now but I grew up in Maine. I began card modeling in the mid-1980's so my early methods were really old school. There wasn't much of an internet back then for hobbies like this so it was just me, poster board, an exacto knife, a cutting board and a ruler. I used to borrow Transformers toys from my schoolmates and attempt to duplicate them as card models. They actually came out pretty well but that was a long time ago. I've recently decided to try my hand at it again and thought I would sign up at papermodelers.com. Many of the modelers here are very talented and I'm sure I can learn a lot from all of you. See you in the forums.

Jonas
Google Adsense
Old 03-19-2017, 07:17 AM

Location: No longer living in NYC. Mooresville, NC is my home now.
Total Downloaded: 2.51 GB
Hello and welcome. you have found and joined, the best site for anything to do with paper modeling. Everyone here is helpful and more than willing to help with any questions you may have.
This is a great hobby, sit back and enjoy!
Old 03-19-2017, 08:36 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 23.70 MB
Welcome aboard. There is a myriad of subjects to be found here and at some other sites. Find the niche that appeals to you, check to see if someone has built it before and follow the thread. By checking on a build thread, you can learn if there is some problems in the build and you can learn how to overcome, adapt to the situation. Enjoy and hope to see some of your works here soon, We do love photos.
Old 03-19-2017, 08:41 AM

Total Downloaded: 171.70 MB
Thanks, it's great to be here. Like I said in my original post, I didn't have such a wealth of resources years ago like we have now online. Looking forward to seeing models in progress and being inspired.