PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Welcome Desk

Old 07-09-2017, 10:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 109.68 MB
lost in paper folds

hi guys just a quick intro. i have done really only two paper models for now a master chief helmet for step daughter using paperkura and the Capt Harlock space ship (child hood favourite) Arcadia. anyways i have served in ythe army for 18 years and after an unfortunate incident i was discharged and placed on long term rehab with little to no chance of holding a job for a thirds party. so one day i was fishing the net when i came across the Arcadia which straight away i had to try and i found it quite soothing and relaxing for me and was also good for my other fine motor skill impairments.anyways though the Arcadia came better than i thought, knowing next to nothing about papermodelling my Arcadia started to be moisture affected and ended up finding a home at the bottom of my bin...... all those hours ARGHH.... but still great fun and learnt from the experience. so i tackled the master chief helmet for my daughter, shes a bit of a gamer/cos play. anyways lets....... mmmm lets stick to papermodeling, anyways it too came out way better than expected and she now proudly has it dis[played. so i am now trying the uhu02 x wing so i guess a bit of a step up, but what i like about it is its just not just putting outer skin together there is an incredible amount of internal supports, anyways that one is going to my sons room. of course the first two model have been allocated so my youngest of 5 years of age want the octaunoits cartoon stuff done, which i now need to quickly learn paper modelling as i cant find any of the "gups" so i need to make them. Haaaa the joys of kids. i wonder weather ill be able to paper model my ships one day lol.

any ways in the army, ex mechanic in the army and before that as a stinking civi (just joking) i love you guys too. have had c.a.d experience in the past so thats handy. lots of drawing, photoshop, gardening, drinking and all round good guy so a huge Gday from Australia to the community. oh yeah shocking sense of humour (the army will do that)
Google Adsense
Old 07-10-2017, 06:04 AM

Total Downloaded: 652.45 MB
Welcome to the forum!
Make yourself at home, as this is a 2nd home for many of us.

Don't hesitate to ask any questions regarding the hobby. There's always someone willing to help.
There's also a lot of inspiring threads and photos in the forum.

The UHU X-wing is a great kit. Haven't built it myself, but is in my to-do list. His designs are very precise.

Enjoy your stay!

Old 07-10-2017, 12:00 PM

Location: No longer living in NYC. Mooresville, NC is my home now.
Total Downloaded: 2.51 GB
Hello and welcome. You've come acros the best site for anything to do with paper modeling. Sit back, relax and just look through all this site has to offer. From its members with all ranges of experience, to kits you can download.
The biggest thing to always remember, enjoy the hobby!!!
Old 07-11-2017, 07:09 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
Hi Screff! Welcome to the forum. Thanks for joining. Sounds like you're well on your way to becoming that rarest of breeds - a paper model designer. Anything we can do to encourage that just let us know. Thanks for your service in the Aussie Army. Shame you got injured so close to retirement. Sounds a lot like you're on the Aussie version of the US Army's TDRL (Temporarily Disabled or Retired List). Not real familiar with it though. Anyway, we're glad you're here. Welcome aboard!