PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Welcome Desk

Old 07-12-2017, 09:15 AM

Total Downloaded: 9.62 MB
Introduction

Hello,

I'm a new forum member and a complete beginner at paper modeling. I have already learned quite a bit from the advice supplied by members. So I now cut my tabs (and re-create them, I don't feel confident enough to completely do without them) and use very, very little glue; and lo and behold, my results are still mediocre but are improving.

So thank you to all for the tips. I look forward to reading more and, with time, improving my skills at this fascinating hobby. It is a real treat to see what some of you are capable of creating. Very impressive.
Google Adsense
Old 07-12-2017, 10:22 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Welcome and thank you for your interesting introduction and story of you progress.

Good to have you here and I am pleased you have enjoyed yourself and paper modelling.

But you need to post some pictures of your models - don't be shy models always look great in photos! It is away nice to see other peoples models and you don't have be an expert to show your models.
Old 07-12-2017, 11:26 AM

Location: No longer living in NYC. Mooresville, NC is my home now.
Total Downloaded: 2.51 GB
Hello and welcome. Indeed, this site will help you, and anyone, improve there skills. Weather just starting out, or an aged old building.
So, sit back and enjoy.
Old 07-12-2017, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin WS View Post
Welcome and thank you for your interesting introduction and story of you progress.

Good to have you here and I am pleased you have enjoyed yourself and paper modelling.

But you need to post some pictures of your models - don't be shy models always look great in photos! It is away nice to see other peoples models and you don't have be an expert to show your models.
Thank you, but please give me some time. I will post some images when there is something that isn't too embarassing to show.
Old 07-12-2017, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richschindler View Post
Hello and welcome. Indeed, this site will help you, and anyone, improve there skills. Weather just starting out, or an aged old building.
So, sit back and enjoy.
Thank you for the welcome, Richschindler.
Google Adsense
Old 07-12-2017, 03:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.02 GB
Welcome to the group. Don't be embarrassed about showing your models. No matter how you feel about them, by letting others see them you may learn a few new methods. I can't build without the glue tabs. It makes joining sections so much easier. If a model has no tabs, I try to make some so that I can build it.
Old 07-12-2017, 04:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 499.03 MB
Welcome!

Wyvern