PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Welcome Desk

Old 08-31-2017, 08:53 AM

Total Downloaded: 13.28 MB
An Andalusian origamist here

Hi hi
My first post.
My name is Juan, I am Andalusian (south of Spain) and I am a more or less an expert and veteran origamist. You can check my origami web (search "Figuer" in Deviantart. I haven't updated it in ages, btw).
Several weeks ago I built my first papercraft model: an articulated Danbo, and since then I have built 8 more models (not all of them look as good as they should, my fault).
About my preferences, I like models that are pretty, cute and/or cool, meaning that my criteria is quite subjective: I like it or I don't. For example, I am not interested in building 1:1 pieces of armor for cosplay, but almost anything else is okay.
The most complex model that I have built until now is Princess Peach by Ichtus7 I was able to finish the model but the result was mediocre. I want to repeat it in the future.
Until now, I have been more busy downloading templates and archiving them in a database than actually building models ^^;
And that's all folks.
Google Adsense
Old 08-31-2017, 11:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Welcome Figuer.
"Until now, I have been more busy downloading templates and archiving them in a database than actually building models ^^;", I see the sickness has already got ahold of you. I think all of us can relate to that. Look forward to seeing some of your builds.
Old 08-31-2017, 12:00 PM

Well, it is quite frustrating to find on Google a picture of a model you like, only to discover that the website with the template closed maybe years ago. And even if you manage to find the template somewhere else, to find the instructions of the author for the model is even more difficult or impossible.
So now, if I like a model, I download template and instructions, I even save to disk the webpage with the instructions.
381 downloaded model so far, lol.
Old 09-03-2017, 09:37 AM

Okay, I finished the plane I have been building these past three days.
Far from perfect.
I don't know if the plane is a Spitfire Mk V or Mk IX. I have seen this same model with both names.
The author is Dan Parlane, blog here with link to template. I had many problems building it because of my inexperience and because the instructions are not so complete as they should. And I haven't found pics of the model built by other people, only the 2 low resolution pictures that appears in the download link.
Attached Thumbnails
An Andalusian origamist here-spitfire-mk-v.jpg  
Old 09-03-2017, 10:09 AM

As promised there you go the models 4 to 9 that I have built so far. 10 th model is posted just above.
The models are:
1. Powerpuff girl Blossom, by Claudio Dias.
2. Tux, anom.
3. Mimmie White, by Claudio Dias.
4. Danbo (glueless), by Christopher Beaumont.
5. Hello Kitty, from the web Kitty Rulez.
6. Columnar Cactus, by Chokipeta KOBO (Canon Creative Park).
The first three models I built were an articulted Danbo, a Princess Peach and a couple of Minions and they are with their current owners (Nephew and nieces).
Attached Thumbnails
An Andalusian origamist here-models-4-9.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 09-04-2017, 10:52 PM

Finishing more then me. As a suggestion on the Spitfire that you look at some of the threads here on edge coloring. It really helps the look especially when you photograph the models.
Old 09-05-2017, 03:44 AM

I know about the edges, sir. I have already been said that. If you look closely at the pictures you will see that the black edges are fixed. Yep, I only have one marker, black.
When I get hold of some other markers or pencils I will fix the plane.
And post some more pics, of course.
Old 10-09-2017, 08:15 AM

Hi
Despite not showing many models around here, I have been busy papercrafting. As you see, models I build are easy. When I improve and have more tools I will try more difficult builds; but I won't stop making simple things like these because I like them.
Like my new signature says, several weeks ago I reopened an old deviantArt account that I hadn't used during the last 8 years. The account is julofi (Juan López Figueroa) | DeviantArt
I am uploading a model there each day. You will be able to see other pictures of these same models and some others models too, and even some things that are not paper related.
My origami account, which I haven't updated in 8 years is Figuer (Juan López Figueroa) | DeviantArt
Come, visit me there, watch me, etc.
Attached Thumbnails
An Andalusian origamist here-2nd-3rd_batch.jpg  
Old 10-09-2017, 04:51 PM

Really like the Axial Star.
Old 10-10-2017, 12:55 AM

Thanks.
I invented that star in 1991.
By the way, the star is named that way because instead of having radial symmetry like almost all the stars, this one has symmetry around the axes, thus it is axial.