PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Welcome Desk

Old 10-05-2017, 09:24 AM

Total Downloaded: 4.57 MB
Smile Greetings From the Frau Mora Highlands..!

Well... Not really.

My name is Russell- feal free to call me Russ if you like!

I hail from the land of Mice with extremely big feet, Transformers & Starspeeders as well as launch platforms and orcas. [Or "Florida"- if you prefer!]

I've lurked around here just a bit as I'd never really discovered the marvels of paper model work- at least to the level of sophistication as these!

Now I'm looking to be a full-fledged Fibrous Maker!

While my heart still exists in the plastic world [what I've grown up with for so many decades] with the likes of our Blessed Uhu02 and others, I decided it was time to not only try my hand at some of these incredible creations but to also try to contribute as best I can!

With the contribution part... Well; we'll have to see, as I'm not sure I'll be up to par as many/all of you might be!

Russ
Google Adsense
Old 10-05-2017, 09:33 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.68 GB
hello an welcome from the other side of the pond all the best
Old 10-05-2017, 10:33 AM

Total Downloaded: 73.24 MB
Well, that is some introduction! Someone with the tongue in cheek wit exemplified here is certainly welcome....we need more counter to the regulars that dazzle us with veiled allegations and mystical statements that, upon further reflection, turn out to be good humor! Look forward to your contributions! Jim
Old 10-05-2017, 11:18 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Welcome to our merry band.

What types of models intrigue you most?
Old 10-05-2017, 03:50 PM

Thanks to those of you who've stopped by so far!

Here's what I know so far 'VK'...

The major types of models I dearly love have been Spaceflight models; primarily manned flight but a good satellite or two with intriguing design has always captivated me as well!

While I built a lot of airplanes as a kid, I was always drawn to Sci-Fi/Space... The part that was maddening was that trying to find someone selling kits of space items [back in the late 70's or 80's] was that you had to rely on mailing lists; the internet simply didn't exist and if you couldn't find a magazine about modeling, you were left to your own devises.

Along with NASA items, I've had an almost obscene love for certain anime models- primarily air/spacecraft but such things as Dougram Fighting Armour ["power suits", if you will] have had a huge place in my hobby! Add to that, things like robots [I've already collected the 'fibre' files for a "Dewey- Drone 1" from Uhu02's site= can't wait!] and I'm pretty much an all-around "Far Out Space Nut" [a nod to those in the crowd that remember Bob Denver and Saturday Morning Cartoons!]
Google Adsense
Old 10-05-2017, 05:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Sounds like you will fit in well here.
Old 10-05-2017, 06:55 PM

Location: No longer living in NYC. Mooresville, NC is my home now.
Total Downloaded: 2.51 GB
Well, hello and welcome. Kinda boring after your introduction, but, welcome just the same.
Old 10-06-2017, 05:05 AM

Hah! No worries!

Any introduction/welcome that's true is just fine by me! It's knowing who will walk up and shake your hand when you stumble into the room that matters!

I'll "fill in the blanks" as to my infamy as we go along; suffice it to say, I'll start by filling in my "work life"...

I've had +/- 27 years working for Disney World & WDW Imagineering- as well as 47 years radio experience [small market, little town radio station stuff- it's what i grew up in because of my father's profession] and about 27 or so years of film/television production, having owned my own special effects company for a little while [not much need for it in Central Florida since the late 1990s...]
Old 10-06-2017, 11:52 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.02 GB
Welcome. This is a great place with nice people.