PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Welcome Desk

Old 03-13-2018, 06:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 42.95 MB
Send a message via AIM to imatt88 Send a message via MSN to imatt88 Send a message via Yahoo to imatt88
Hello from Michigan

Hey all,

Just joined because I was looking for place that would help me assemble paper models CORRECTLY. LOL!

Thanks for letting me join,

Cheers, Ian
Google Adsense
Old 03-13-2018, 06:37 PM

Total Downloaded: 145.94 MB
Welcome! I used to live in Northern Wisconsin not far from the U.P. where you are. You will find lots of helpful advice and friendly chat here.
Old 03-13-2018, 07:20 PM

Location: No longer living in NYC. Mooresville, NC is my home now.
Total Downloaded: 2.51 GB
Hello and welcome. If your lookimg for a site that will help you build paper models, you’ve found it.
This site has more helpful people and great advice than any other out there. I may be bias, but that’s how I see it.
Old 03-13-2018, 08:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 331.88 MB
Welcome, here you will find many people willing to collaborate, just ask and someone will always answer you. Have fun and take a look at the forum, you will find everything, a greeting
Old 03-14-2018, 04:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 42.95 MB
Send a message via AIM to imatt88 Send a message via MSN to imatt88 Send a message via Yahoo to imatt88
Thanks,

I've never built a paper model before.

I just picked up a 33rd scale Vindicator and I'm not ever sure what glue to use. LOL

Cheers, Ian
Google Adsense
Old 03-14-2018, 09:26 AM

A greeting, in my case I only use white glue, which is used by children in school and for certain parts that need greater resistance or cyanoacrylate transparencies. I use that nothing else and it works for me, with the cyanoacrylate we have to be careful if you spend spoiling the piece, here are people more expert than me and they will give you more information about other types of adhesives, also in tutorials you should find something too.
Old 03-14-2018, 10:33 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.02 GB
Welcome to the family. Before starting the Vindicator, I would start with simple models and work my way up. I messed up a Ford trimotor and had to reprint it.
Old 03-14-2018, 11:01 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
Hi Ian! Welcome to the forum. Thanks for joining. Since you're new to the hobby take a look at these two subforums: First Cuts - A Lounge and Tips & Tricks. Both are chock full of information that will help you get started on your way. I do echo the advice to set the Vindicator aside for a bit and try some simpler, easier models to get used to modeling in paper and to develop your skills. There are a bunch of free models here in the Downloads section that range from easy to hard. Also recommend looking at the Canon website Paper Craft - Canon Creative Park for some more free models, again ranging from easy to hard. If you have questions, and you will, just ask. We'll do our best to get you correct answer(s). We're glad you're here. Welcome aboard!
Old 03-14-2018, 02:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 99.03 MB
Hello from London.
Old 03-14-2018, 04:01 PM

As my colleagues have explained to you, maybe you should start something simpler to adapt to the paper, Cannon's page is excellent, try something from there. These supermodels at 1/33 are super detailed, many pieces, details everywhere, even with experience It is not easy to mount them, and you run the risk of getting frustrated if you do not get a good result, and you can also get bored, hit and hit and hit pieces and do not see that you progress and you can get tired and leave. Also a great model is not value for the size, detailed or quality of the model. For me an excellent model is one that makes me have fun and enjoy when assembling it either a model of a thousand pieces or a simple one of ten. That is why we recommend something simple so you are taking the hand to the paper, you will see that nice feeling when a few sheets of paper becomes a model. And if you spoil something do not worry, do another, we have all gone through the same.Afila the scissors and the cutter and forward, you will see that pleasant moments you will pass.A health or
Google Adsense