PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Welcome Desk

Old 02-07-2019, 11:30 AM

Total Downloaded: 67.87 MB
Hello,
Nice to see you all.
Old 02-07-2019, 05:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Hey Winmin, welcome; but why don't you start your own introduction thread at The Welcome Desk?
Old 02-07-2019, 06:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 331.88 MB
Hello Scott, when I upload photos I do it from my cell phone, I go where it says "manage attachments", I enter my gallery and I go up one by one. I do not know if it's ideal, but it's the only way I know, (I do not take well with the technology I am very rough).
As for curving paper, I would advise that before curving the piece practice in a copy, on white paper nothing else, to go taking his hand. Use brushes, chopsticks, wires, needles and everything what cylindrical I find. Just on the palm of my hand, I put the piece and pressing gently I'm shaping.
As for the weight of the paper, we will give you many options, all valid, but depend on the model and scale.
A plane in 1 / 100 will not have the same weight as the same plane in 1 / 50.Also take into account something important, a cylinder or small cone is very difficult to bend if the paper is thick, it is not the same as if they were larger. You will be learning to analyze errors and choose the right paper.
One model at a time s needs different grammage in certain parts. In general, large surfaces, thicker paper, small, thinner paper. Not all designs specify what paper to use.
The practice will guide you, and soon you will know that you feel good and feel comfortable.