PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Welcome Desk

Old 07-14-2007, 10:26 PM

Total Downloaded: 19.48 MB
Hi Ashee...Nice to see you here too
Old 07-15-2007, 01:32 PM
Eternal Member

Location: Curently live in High Desert country, Redmond, Oregon to be specific.
Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via AIM to Ashrunner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil View Post
Ash,

Maybe it's time to add rabbit ears to the lightning collection and brain stimulator warbonnet. Wander around outside during ideal thunderstorm conditions and collect a few leader strikes just to get warmed up. If this doesn't work add extenders to the rabbit ears by crumpling up some aluminum kitchen foil around the ends. This piece of artful engineering is a sure fire method for creating strike leaders prior to the main strike. A couple of good main strikes and you'll be back to being your regular self...,

Solving the paragraph run-over problem will wait till you finish your romp around the neighborhood...,

-Gil
Gil I live in the High Desert. Lightning is about as common as a female Cup driver. 8v) I have checked my editing options and it is set to best available, I have changed the character coding on my copy of Firefox to all the available codings and nothing works. I guess I should just resigning myself to the fact that this former newspaper editor, who cringes at any typo, will, for the most part, have to put up with his format problems until such time as the monsoon season begins and storms actually pass over me instead of around me.
Old 07-15-2007, 03:46 PM

Location: Northern Bear Flag Republic (Known as Water World in L.A.)
Total Downloaded: 11.99 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashrunner View Post
Gil I live in the High Desert. Lightning is about as common as a female Cup driver. 8v) I have checked my editing options and it is set to best available, I have changed the character coding on my copy of Firefox to all the available codings and nothing works. I guess I should just resigning myself to the fact that this former newspaper editor, who cringes at any typo, will, for the most part, have to put up with his format problems until such time as the monsoon season begins and storms actually pass over me instead of around me.
Ash,

I suspect that the most probable cause is that your java script is either not set properly or has become corrupted. Java is popularly used as the editor for replies in most Firefox applications. First go to the Firefox Java settings site listed below and Ctrl F (find) on java. Check your settings against the recommended defaults listed. Second, you may want to download and install a fresh version of Java (URLs are listed below)...,

Hope this works, -Gil

For Firefox Java settings:

http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/options

For windows 95/98:

http://java.sun.com/products/archive...007/index.html

For windows XT:

http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

Last edited by Gil; 07-15-2007 at 04:16 PM.
Old 07-15-2007, 11:46 PM
Eternal Member

Location: Curently live in High Desert country, Redmond, Oregon to be specific.
Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via AIM to Ashrunner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil View Post
Ash,

I suspect that the most probable cause is that your java script is either not set properly or has become corrupted. Java is popularly used as the editor for replies in most Firefox applications. First go to the Firefox Java settings site listed below and Ctrl F (find) on java. Check your settings against the recommended defaults listed. Second, you may want to download and install a fresh version of Java (URLs are listed below)...,

Hope this works, -Gil

Well, everything listed here was fine, so I don't know. Could maybe be a carry-over from Friday the 13th. Who knows.

I'll play around with some other things and see what happens. I did do one thing which I noticed with I entered the site and I changed that, so I'll see if that was the problem since I have inserted paragraphs here.

And what do you know...it works. My no script plugin for Firefox was blocking a portion of papermodels.com. After I gave it the okay, it started to work correctly.

I really do hate computers. 8v)

Last edited by Ashrunner; 07-15-2007 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Adding a reason