PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Welcome Desk

Old 09-08-2019, 10:55 AM

Total Downloaded: 47.51 MB
Greetings from Germany

Hi!

My Name is Johannes, i'm 22 years old and currently studying Computer Science in Germany.
When i was a child i built many models, both plastic and paper, but over the years my focus switched to different hobbies (You know how it is with modelling, while it's fun, it's also expensive and takes a lot of time and space. All things kids don't really have). Around Christmas 2017 i was rearranging my room and i stumbled upon some of my old (unfinished) paper models. My first thought was something along the lines of: "Dear Lord i really sucked at modelling, didn't I." But somehow my interest was reignited, so off to the internet i went.
As a child i had only built models by Schreiber and DSM, all rather simple. But on my search i found loads of incredibly detailed models and countless publishers i had never heard of. And the amount of details some people managed to get out of even very simple models was stunning.

So i decided to give it another try. I chose the Survey Vessel "Zenit" by HMV with the LC Detail Set. Once it finally arrived (3 Days just before christmas, but i was excited so it felt like a month at least) my heart sank. The parts were so incredible tiny that i didn't think i could do it. Looking back i should have known, after all my dad had a 1:220 Model railroad and this model was even smaller at 1:250! But i tried my luck anyway and the result is pretty decent.

Greetings from Germany-photo-10.11.18-14-15-24-ready.jpg

Even before i had finished the Zenit i already knew that this was fun so i ordered my next model, the "Wappen von Borkum", also from HMV.

Greetings from Germany-photo-07.01.19-15-31-06-ready.jpg

Afterwards i made the big mistake of trying to tackle the "Mellum" by HMV. But at the time it was too big for me and so it's still sitting unfinished. But one day i will finish her. I also built the MV Wedel by Papershipwright including the Bridge Interior that is available in the kartonbau.de Forum.

Greetings from Germany-photo-10.11.18-14-12-06-ready.jpg

But by far my favorite Model i've built is the Cn2t "Las" by Modelik in 1:25. It was part of a group Construction Report so if you know German (or can use a translator) you can head over to the thread "MRB 2018: Triebfahrzeuge I" in the German Forum "Kartonbau.de". (If there is interest i can upload a couple more pictures in the gallery.)

Greetings from Germany-gallery_mr_4.jpg

Not bad, considering its my first Railway Model (But not my last, i hope to start my next Construction Report in a few days)

When i wrote my original introduction in a german forum i said, that i might try to draw my own models at some point. And i'm happy to say, that i did just that a couple of weeks ago:

Greetings from Germany-bruecke-nordergruende-19-dk.jpg

This is the interior for the bridge of the "Nordergründe" by the Passat Verlag.
You can already download it in the big german forums and i will make it available here as well, once its confirmed that i'm not a spambot and i've found a fitting category. It also won't be my last creation, the next project is already in the works.

TLDR:
As a kid i sucked, now i don't suck anymore.

With Best Regards
Johannes

Also for the admins:
There currently is a problem accessing this site with German IPs, before deciding to join this forum i already wrote a messege using the contact form but i don't know how regularly you check those messages. It contains a bit more detail. There are quite a few Germans who would be thankful if you guys can sort that issue out
Google Adsense
Old 09-08-2019, 11:45 AM

Total Downloaded: 263.00 MB
Yep, you don't suck at it anymore, . Beautiful work!

Mike
Old 09-08-2019, 02:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 99.03 MB
Hello Johannes. Your models are very accomplished. I like the steam engine best.
Old 09-08-2019, 02:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Welcome to the forum...
Old 09-08-2019, 09:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 205.96 MB
Very nice models, nice clean work!! Welcome aboard!!
Google Adsense
Old 09-09-2019, 04:48 AM

Total Downloaded: 33.09 MB
Hello Johannes and welcome here. After I managned to solve the access problems from Germany I was glad to see you were already active and contacted the admins.

Best regards,
Nils
Old 09-09-2019, 04:30 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Great work Johannes! Excellent models...