PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Welcome Desk

Old 07-27-2009, 10:35 AM

Total Downloaded: 499.03 MB
Introduction

Hello all,
My handle is Wyvern, due to a fondness for the Westland Wyvern aircraft. I'm a Florida based modeler and have been modelling in paper for 20 years after discovering Lou Gausse' Paper Models International. Thanks, Lou, for introducing me to this aspect of the model-making hobby! I've built models from Wilhemshaven, JSC, Schreiber, and Fiddler's Green. Recently I acquired my first ShipYard kit and am working up the courage to begin work on it. Currently on my to-do list is a Kenlworth Press Micromodel enlargement, the "Lady Elizabeth" sailing ship. My particluar interest is 1920's-30's merchant vessels.
I've enjoyed looking at the work the members have contributed to this site and hope to be adding some of my own in the near future.
Regards,
Wyvern
Google Adsense
Old 07-27-2009, 10:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Welcome, Wyvern. I can recommend Paper Shipwright for some models that may fall in your interest range. David's models are similar in construction to the Wilhelmshaven and Schreiber lines and are of excellent quality. You might want to check out Passat-Verlag also if you are not already familiar with them.

Again, welcome and we look forward to seeing some of your projects.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:14 AM

Total Downloaded: 499.03 MB
Thanks Ron! I'm familiar with paper Shipwright's site and intend to build some of his models eventually- I have my eye on the Melik and the two WW1 monitors. I also like his coastal tanker model; similar vessel design to the "Nordeney" published by Scheuer and Struver.
Thanks again for the warm welcome.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:58 AM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
Welcome, I too have a predilection for the Wyvern and one day might eventually finish one in paper or plastic...