PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Welcome Desk

Old 07-13-2007, 01:40 PM
Aviation Moderator

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to dansls1
Sup all?

Just wanted to weigh in and say 'hey'. I'll re-post more later to give a rundown of who I am for those who don't recognize me from other forums out there
Google Adsense
Old 07-13-2007, 02:01 PM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
Wha, who? do I know you? that name sounds familiar for some reason Hey bud
Chris
Old 07-13-2007, 08:30 PM

Welcome! Glad ya found us! A new corner of the internet!
Old 07-13-2007, 08:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 8.45 MB
Yup, our corner!
This site can become just what we need!
Welcome Dansls1!
Glad you found us!

Russell
Old 07-30-2007, 01:07 PM
Aviation Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to dansls1
I said I'd come back and post up more info and I'm bored at work - so here goes.
I'm a 36 year old married father of one (the cute guy whose picture is my avatar). I live in a suburb of Detroit, MI. I am a chemical engineer by degree, I work in quality in an electroplating company doing mostly automotive fasteners (zinc plating for rust prevention).
I started modelling as early as I can remember doing first snap-together then glued plastics. Late jr. high or early high school I found my fathers stash of paper models. As I couldn't buy more plastics and needed something to do, I built all I could. I built about 1/2 dozen jets, a couple blimps and over 1/2 of a Wilhelmshaven aircraft carrier. When I graduated high school, I moved from my mom's to my dad's and decided I was too cool for models and they all went into the garbage (stupid move in retrospect).
In late '99, I got a bit of the bug. I ordered the ME262, the Lutjens and Bismarck from Wilhelmshaven because I was familiar with them. Built the ME262 except for landing gear, then stashed all of that again.
Until April of this year, I spent any spare time playing World of Warcraft. I finally got sick of it and felt motivated to actually create something - so I pulled out the ME262, finished it and have been putzing around with the Lutjens, the Maclaren MP4/22 by Claudio and finally the Gee Bee R1 with the semi-build thread in my sig.
I've realized that planes are what I want to build, so I've started collecting my 'WW2 fighter plane' fleet. I figure I want to eventually cover all the major WW2 fighters, as well as the P61 and P38 as they've been my favorite planes. So far my 'build list' includes the Halinski Spitfire and Mustang III, as well as a printed version of the P61 (the same kit that can be downloaded from Gremir).
Let's see - I'm a forum hound, always have been for any hobby I get into (obvious by the post count). I drive a 2004 GTO (the engine is an LS1 - same as a Corvette, hence the DansLS1 nickname). I also have a 1979 IH Scout II. I chase golf balls around the course on occasion.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:15 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
And we will overlook the fact that you are a Red Wings fan :p

Rick
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo