PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Welcome Desk

Old 03-17-2020, 07:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 614.80 MB
Goeien daag Fred. Here in Atlanta it is just starting to get heavy. Monday my agency announced we would all try to telework tomorrow, and this afternoon, we learned we will all telework indefinitely, starting tomorrow. Thank goodness for hobbies like this one that can be fun in the middle of social isolation, or a crowd. While everyone else was out buying extra milk and eggs and butter last weekend, I laid in an extra supply of white glue. First things first!

Is there a particular sort of paper model you enjoy the most? You can find something for every one here.
Old 03-18-2020, 07:48 AM

Total Downloaded: 46.00 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinalssergio155 View Post
Welcome Fred! Stay safe as much as possible, this sucks and hopefully soon it will begin to decrease. It is a disaster for everyone everywhere. Greetings from Argentina!
No worries, I'll stay inside and just ordered 10 packs of 20 paper sheets to build papermodels I downloaded.
Just two troubles:
1. I have to close my store for a month, so no income.
2. I won't see my daughter this week-end. For safety reasons she will stay with her mom.
At least I should be a bit more productive regarding scale models.
Fred
Old 03-18-2020, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermodelfan View Post
Goeien daag Fred. Here in Atlanta it is just starting to get heavy. Monday my agency announced we would all try to telework tomorrow, and this afternoon, we learned we will all telework indefinitely, starting tomorrow. Thank goodness for hobbies like this one that can be fun in the middle of social isolation, or a crowd. While everyone else was out buying extra milk and eggs and butter last weekend, I laid in an extra supply of white glue. First things first!

Is there a particular sort of paper model you enjoy the most? You can find something for every one here.
Well I like boats. I have a few kits from HMV waiting to be build.
Just a question: you greeted me in dutch; where are you from?
Fred
Old 03-18-2020, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickstef View Post
Fred,

It is ok, I merged your two messages while they were moderated, that is why you didn't see them initially.
I am keeping the second message as it gets you one more post closer to 10, and having full access to the forum

Rick
Hi Rick,

Thank you so much for your help!

Fred
Old 03-18-2020, 10:20 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
While everyone else was out buying extra milk and eggs and butter last weekend, I laid in an extra supply of white glue. First things first!

Ha, ha, that's a good one!

Fred, welkom aan boord. Greetings from your northern neighbor. Corona keeps us at home too, and after four days of working at home I must say, I have quite enough of it already. My eyes and head hurt after another day of staring at a computer screen. And everything takes twice the usual time.

Hope to have some time tonight for paper meditation. Sorry to hear you had to suspend your business, my wife has the same problem. Start building one of your ships, once focused and in the building flow, the outside world doesn't exist anymore, albeit for just a short period. Good luck en sterkte,

Erik
Google Adsense
Old 03-18-2020, 09:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 614.80 MB
Hello Celsius.
I am an ordinary American. I had the good fortune to spend my last year of high school in Belgium, living with a wonderful Flemish family, and going to a Flemish school. Thanks to my 4 Belgian "brothers". I learned some Flemish then. We actually have a strong Nederlands-talig contingent in this forum. Tot ziens
Old 03-19-2020, 05:24 AM

Hello Everyone,

Thank you so much for your welcoming posts. Indeed I intend to use this forced "vacation" to build paper models again. Yesterday evening I noticed my Kittifix glue got thicker and obstructed the "nipple" (don't know how you call this part of the flask in english?) Do you think I can use some water as a thinner for the glue? No store is open to buy some new glue and order online will take a while. So I want to try to solve this problem with the available stuff. Thank you in advance for your advice.
And, yes, I agree it's nice to stay in Belgium. I was Lucky since my parents raised me in our three national languages (flemish, French and german), so I feel at home in the whole (small) country here. I spent just a fortnight in the state of Illinois (Dekalb) in 1996. It was funny when people asked me where I was from nobody knew about Belgium in Europe untill I mentioned the chocolat, the beer and the waffles. unfortunately some heard of us because of the pedophile Marc Dutroux who abused and killed some young girls that year.
Old 03-20-2020, 10:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.02 GB
Welcome to the family and the world of "Lock Down". We are locked down in California for a while as well. If your glue is water based, you can thin it that way.
Old 03-22-2020, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by at6 View Post
Welcome to the family and the world of "Lock Down". We are locked down in California for a while as well. If your glue is water based, you can thin it that way.
Thank you ,I thinned it wit a mix of water and isopropyl alcohol. It became even too fluid but now it allready thickened a little bit. I can still apply it with a thin paintbrush; works well.
Old 03-22-2020, 04:38 AM

Total Downloaded: 322.93 MB
Welcome to the forum.

We have at least one admitted famous Belgian here,two would do even better

Hello from Canada.
Google Adsense