PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Welcome Desk

Old 06-25-2020, 11:52 AM

Total Downloaded: 155.43 MB
Hello to everybody, again

Hey guys, long time no hear from everyone...

before anything else, I would like to apologize to everybody who have waited for updates on my ISS build, especially those who have been looking forward for the tutorial for the solar array wing modification... I stopped working on this during the later quarter of 2016, as the build took a backseat due to other pressing matters... some of which was due to career, some due to commission builds, and some very personal...

and what saddened me even more was that sir John and sir Elliott have passed away already... they eagerly waited every progress I made, but I wasn't tenacious enough to soldier on with the build and I regrettably put it on hiatus... and now they aren't around anymore to see it put back in progress again...

add to that, I also suffered the loss of a very close friend of ours back here just last January, who also watched me build this model when he was still alive...

I have to admit I feel a sense of remorse and guilt when I finally restarted building this model again...

this time, this model will be completed in honor of them, and to all of our fellow modelers and designers who have left this life for the next...

to everybody who has watched my build, I'm so sorry for being away for so long... I hope you guys could welcome me back once again...

I really miss everybody here, please say hello here once more...
Attached Thumbnails
Hello to everybody, again-wp_20200626_001.jpg   Hello to everybody, again-101554641_10221417978413883_7933895850413495615_o.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 06-25-2020, 02:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
One of the most satisfying builds I ever did was a TWA Constellation for an elderly friend who retired from the TWA overhaul base. We were born on the same day, though years apart, and we always celebrated our birthdays together. I had decided to build this for his birthday one year and when I checked to see where he would like to have his birthday dinner, he said 'Check back Monday. At my age I don't plan too far in advance.'

Called back Monday ( our birthday) and found he was put into hospice over the weekend. When I went to see him, they didn't think he was going to be around another 24 to 48 hours. He was so overjoyed to get the model, and showed it to anyone and everyone for the next five days before he passed. When I went to his funeral, front and center on the memorial table was the Connie. I was never so humbled in my entire life.

You will never regret doing something to honor those who have gone before
Old 06-25-2020, 02:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 99.03 MB
Hello, Hans.
Old 07-05-2020, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermin_King View Post
One of the most satisfying builds I ever did was a TWA Constellation for an elderly friend who retired from the TWA overhaul base. We were born on the same day, though years apart, and we always celebrated our birthdays together. I had decided to build this for his birthday one year and when I checked to see where he would like to have his birthday dinner, he said 'Check back Monday. At my age I don't plan too far in advance.'

Called back Monday ( our birthday) and found he was put into hospice over the weekend. When I went to see him, they didn't think he was going to be around another 24 to 48 hours. He was so overjoyed to get the model, and showed it to anyone and everyone for the next five days before he passed. When I went to his funeral, front and center on the memorial table was the Connie. I was never so humbled in my entire life.

You will never regret doing something to honor those who have gone before

that is one humbling story there sir, much thanks for sharing this
Old 07-05-2020, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip View Post
Hello, Hans.
Good day sir, much thanks!
Google Adsense
Old 07-07-2020, 03:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 106.29 MB
Hello. Sorry to hear you had some difficulties and losses, but glad you came back.