PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Welcome Desk

Old 08-08-2009, 09:50 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Hello fro Colorado Springs, CO.

Hello all:

This is Larry Aldridge from Colorado. I am a retired IT professional who moved here 4 years ago. I enjoy building models in plastic, vinyl and porcelain and I am new to paper modeling! My primary subjects of interest are World War II armor and science fiction..
Google Adsense
Old 08-08-2009, 07:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 89.45 MB
Welcome. Porcelain, as a modeling material, is a new idea to me.
Old 08-08-2009, 08:10 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 23.70 MB
Welcome to the forum , here you will find many items that might intrigue you. As for porcelana, is that the same as pouring a wet mold and making figurines like a'la LLadros,
or Hummel?
Old 08-08-2009, 09:37 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Welcome, beautiful part of the country there even if a bit cold for my tastes. Looking forward to seeing photos of some of your work.
Old 08-09-2009, 09:41 AM

Total Downloaded: 76.03 MB
Welcome Larry! You've found a great place to start your paper modeling adventure :D Can't wait to see some of your builds. Porcelain sounds interesting as a medium. Love Colorado Springs BTW. Beautiful city with great views.
Google Adsense
Old 08-09-2009, 11:29 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Thanks for the warm welcome by all!

Porcelain - A number of "Garage kit" companies have made there SciFi & Horror kits in this material which is very unforgiving when it comes to mistakes. However the quality of the finished product when airbrushed and oil finished can be quite spectacular. I destroyed many a Porcelain kit before I got it right!

I am sure I will do the same with paper models. The thing I noticed first is I don't seem to have enough hands when it comes to paper models :-). I am usually very precise when it comes to my building and they seem to present a new and unique challenge when it comes to building them.

I have worked in scales from 1/700 (waterline ships) to 1/35, 1/72 & 1/144 in tank models. In the next few days I will post a few pictures of my varied past and soon will post a few of my sorted future in paper models! Any advice or suggestions are more than welcome.

My wife and I moved to Colorado Springs from San Diego California. We are the outdoor type and started to feel a little closed in where we lived in Carlsbad, CA. Its about 20 miles up the coast from the city of San Diego. In the 15 years we lived there the population doubled and the traffic became very bad along with the water and air quality. We have relatives and friends here and even enjoy the winters along the front range - where it is not unusual for winter days to rise in the low 60's.

Once again, thanks to all for the warm welcome..