PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Welcome Desk

Old 08-27-2009, 04:42 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
G'day from Aussie

G'day everyone, i stumbled over this site and thought it would be good to be able to have a go at paper models. if i stuff things up ican always print another. who knows if i get good at it i might even have a crack at drawing a plane of my own for everyone else to have a go at.
Google Adsense
Old 08-27-2009, 08:06 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 23.70 MB
Welcome aboard. Is it not interesting, that when we go out looking for something, we find something else that peaks our interest! While searching for certain Tamiya, Revell, Monogram models I also stumbled upon paper as a medium to build models. I have enjoyed it very much since then. So stick around and enjoy yourself and post some pictures for us to share your works.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:17 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 112.72 MB
Welcome - draw it, print it, build it. Paper/card is a very flexible way to scratch the itch.

Yogi
Old 08-27-2009, 05:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 16.12 MB
G'day.

Where in Oz are you located?

There aren't a lot of cardmodelers in Oz - so far - but the conspiracy is spreading.

Regards,

Charlie
Old 08-27-2009, 06:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 3.67 MB
Hello from Bendigo

G'day Charlie,

You are spot-on with the advantages of card modelling, if you muck something up you just need to reprint and go again.

I'm taking things a step further with card models and that is creating a range of (predominantly) 144th scale Allied Coastal Forces models with a bit of a foray into 72nd and 35th scales. I'm utilising card models to begin with, rescaling the parts but with common/multiple items I'm making a plastic master then getting cast copies. White Ensign Models really help here with excellent kits for Bofors guns, Oerlikons and half inch machine guns in both 144th and 72nd scales.

Nothing is quite finished yet, but three models are very close now.

Cheers,
Roger.

'Roger's Little Ships'
Modelling Allied Light Coastal Forces 1914-45.
[email protected]
Google Adsense
Old 08-27-2009, 07:09 PM

G'Day C-B, welcome to the forum, always good to see another southern hemi cousin. What sort of modelling have you done / interested it mate ?.

Old 08-30-2009, 04:45 AM

G'day every one who sent me a kind welcome.

Silveroxide, the word you're looking for is 'serendipitous', and yes, life is so much more interesting when we can pause to have a look at just one more thing because it might be absolutely grouse.

Retired for now, lets not get too far ahead here, i'm very very new at this.

Charlie C, i'm from Gisborne Vic.

RogerP, i just know this adventur is goint to cost me a fortune in printer ink.

Gearz, when i was young i did the usual plastice kits mostly 1/72 and my pride and joy 1/24 Hurricane was knocked off during a burglary (still think it's a strange thing to steal) a was having a look at the aeroplanes at Fiddlers Green but my computer and theirs dont like each other.

as far a photos go it would only make you all laugh, but i did nail the rotor blades on a huey by putting a couple of drinkling straws thru a laminator machine set to warm and got a perfect spacer to get the aerofoil shape for the rotor.

when/if i ever get anything that is near as good as you guys, don't worry i'll be showing everyone.

stay safe

C-B
Old 08-30-2009, 07:40 AM

Total Downloaded: 16.12 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by C-B View Post

RogerP, i just know this adventur is goint to cost me a fortune in printer ink.
Not necessarily - it is possible to refill your own cartridges - (depends on what printer you run) - or if you really get into heavy printing an external ink system can cut the cost way down. You hear a lot of moaning about third party inks but there are reputable suppliers around and spraying the print with matt acrylic also helps to stabilise the ink.

Regards,

Charlie
Old 08-31-2009, 09:35 AM

Total Downloaded: 3.67 MB
C-B, I've sent you a pers message to get in touch, seeing I'm just up the Calder a tad.

Roger.