PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Welcome Desk

Old 10-07-2009, 09:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Hello

Hi well its all in my about me was on the airwolfs wolf lair website and found a link here and ive browsed a little and im very interesed in learning how to do paper modeling with my son.He also is very interested in learning as well.Anyway look forward to getting started and is there any starters anyone would suggest?
Google Adsense
Old 10-07-2009, 10:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 210.47 MB
Welcome to the fold. For starter models I would start with Fiddlers green Register on the web site and Chip will allow you to down load a few freebees. These are not the most complicated models but they can be built in a couple of hours and they look great. Then I would check out Digital Navy and Paper Shipwright again some downloadable free models but these are equal to commercial kits. I’m sure that other members will also point out good sources for starter models. If you have a particular model you would like to build just ask and one of us will point you to it.

I’ll shorten your learning process, use Aleene’s tacky glue available at Wal-Mart and most craft stores, get a good set of scissors the 5 in Fiskars is my preference and mix in a little persistence. We have one request show us what you are building or have built we love to see what other modelers are building.

Jim Nunn
Old 10-07-2009, 11:03 PM

Total Downloaded: 13.79 MB
Welcome!

This is the best place to be when it comes to helpful advice. I recommend viewing the forums labeled "Tips and Tricks", and "Tutorals". Even in the gallery most of the builders show their work step-by-step with a few pointers that they discovered on their build.

As for starter models, it depends on what you like to build. Personally, I think the stuff at "Fiddlers Green Papermodels" is a good place to start. They have mostly aircraft, but their prices are quite reasonable, and have a great selection of simple models.

-Steven
Old 10-08-2009, 10:36 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 23.70 MB
There is Disney home site with many free models for children, and adults as well Page 42 - paper models and games virtual archive and also spacestation42.com On the top left column click on paper toys and it will get you to a large selection of free paper models. Start simple and then try to make the simple more complex and then build complex. for example. a model car has 2D flat wheels, try to make them 3d wheels. Welcome aboard and enjoy the site.
Old 10-08-2009, 12:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 45.66 MB
But, first and foremost among the free sites, I always recommend the Canon Creative Park site which is chock full of aviation, science, toy, animal, and architectural related kits.

Every kit features, by a large margin, the best and most comprehensive instructions for both beginner and skilled modelers.

Here is the site: Paper Craft - Canon CREATIVE PARK

To get you started, head to Walmart or an office supply store and purchase a package of 110 lb card stock and a bottle of Aileens' Tacky Glue. Walmart has both; an office supply store may or may not have the Tacky glue.

Have fun and show us what you are building.

As an educator, I can tell you that many of the Canon models have applications in all of your child's academic classes. They make excellent projects and teachers are usually astounded by them.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:53 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 112.72 MB
Welcome - and many more sites to choose from in the links section here. Posts above give you some great targetted sites, browsing the links will greatly expand your options once you decide what you're interested in.

Yogi